Chapter 26: Keep Your Friends Close

ϟ Ezra POV ϟ

I'm the luckiest man on Earth.

Lilac lays in my arms, asleep. The sunlight dances through the window, but I hold my right hand up, blocking it from hitting her face. Even though she looks heavenly in the sunlight, I don't want it to disturb her sleep. 

My left hand rubs up and down her back. Touching her soft skin feels like touching a fucking angel. 

Her shut eyes blink as she takes a breath, telling me she's about to wake up. And she doesn't need to know I've been letting her sleep on me for the two entire hours I've been awake. It feels like an honor to even have her sleep on me. 

The most beautiful shade of blue meets my eyes. I lock eye contact with the goddess herself, and a smile instantly forms on my face, "Good morning."

"Good morning," she says with a tired voice. 

I rub my knuckle against her cheek, "Sleep good?"

"Mhm - wait, what time is it?" she squints her eyes in an attempt to see the time on the clock above the door, and she gasps seeing that it's 1 pm. 

She attempts to get up, speaking quickly, "Oh my god, it might as well be Christmas."

I wrap my arm around her waist and flip her over, pinning her underneath me. She smiles up at me, "Wow, really is Christmas, huh?"

"What if we stayed in bed all day?" I suggest before lowering my lips to kiss her cheek.

She giggles as I kiss her cheek a few more times before responding, "Well, we could."

"Yea?" I smirk, my eyes darting around her face.

"Mhm," she mumbles before putting her lips against mine. "As long as you make it worthwhile."

I kiss her back with all of my love. Her sweet lips kiss me as her painted nails glide down my back.

"Ezra!" Eliza shouts from the other side of the door before repeatedly banging on it.

I pull my lips away from Lilac's, looking at her with a 'you've got to be kidding me' look. 

Eliza bangs harder when I don't respond. 

"What," I call out.

Lilac wiggles trying to get out from under me, but I keep her there, making her huff. 

"Get up, I have news for you," Eliza says from behind the door. 

I let out a sigh as I listen to the sound of her high heels walking away. 

"I wanted to stay here all day," I say to Lilac, tugging down on her lower lip. 

Her blonde hair sprawls on the pillow, and she smiles, "Tomorrow."

Tomorrow and every other day of my life.

I roll over, letting her free. She stands to her feet, and I do, too. 

She goes into my connecting bathroom, and I follow her in. She picks up her toothbrush, and I pick up mine. 

I stare into the mirror, looking at her as we both brush our teeth at the same time. She laughs through the toothpaste, and I just stare at her. Admiring her. 

God, do I fucking love her.

Then she laughs again. I take the toothbrush out of my mouth to ask, "What are you laughing at?"

"I was thinking about spitting my toothpaste at you. But I won't!" she put her hand up in surrender. 

"Hm..." I trailed off, turning toward her.