7

Here it is, the chapter we've all been anticipating (maybe?)
Also, the chapter I've been dreading to write.
Let's see if this will take as long as the last chapter did!
I'm gonna skip the part where Urokodaki mentally prepares them for the test :)

Giyuu's POV
The three of us stood in front of the wisteria. In my right hand, I held Sabito's hand tightly. In the other, I was gripping the hilt of my sword so hard my knuckles were white. The peach haired boy next to me must have sensed my discomfort, because he smiled comfortingly and traced circles on my hand with his thumb. "Why don't you go talk to some of the others? Make some friends!"

I looked reluctantly up at the two creepy looking children at the head of the crowd. One had white hair, and the other had black, but both bore a wisteria flower hairpin on their heads. Neither looked like they were about to announce anything.  I guess we got here early or something. There were only ten other people at the Final Selection so far, and I scanned the small crowd for anyone who looked friendly enough to talk to. My gaze locked with a pink and green haired girl with pretty green eyes. Her hair was done up in two large braids that hung in front of her shoulders. She seemed nice, so I nodded once at Sabito and went to approach her.

"U-um... hi!" I greeted the girl, mustering whatever smile I could.

The girl jumped a short distance into the air, as if she was startled, then faced me. "Hi! What's your name?"

"I'm Giyuu Tomioka."

"That's a nice name! Mine is Mitsuri Kanroji." She studied me for a second. "Are you in love with someone?"

"W-what??"

"I have this weird talent where I can tell if people are in love! To compliment that, I use 'love breathing' techniques when I fight!"

"Wow. Is that breathing style derived from flame breathing?"

Mitsuri nodded. "I'm Rengoku-san's Tsuguko! But he told me that if I become as skilled as a hashira, I'll be able to be one alongside him since I use a different breathing style."

I was taken aback. A Tsuguko?! This girl must be talented!

I noticed the two creepy kids had started talking. I bid good luck to Mitsuri and ran over to Sabito.

"You may enter the forest. Good luck to all of you." They said in unison.

I felt Sabito grab my shoulders and turn me to face him. "Look. We're going to make it, ok? All three of us."

I nodded. He smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead. "We'll stick together as long as we can, but if we get separated, I'll find you. I promise. I'll always make my way back to you."

I chuckled. "That sounded romantic and cheesy!" I hugged his waist tightly. People all around us were walking into the last line of wisteria, and I knew we wouldn't all survive. "But I love it when you say things like that."

A happy squeal sounded from behind me, and I twisted around to see Mitsuri fangirling over the two of us. "I knew it! Now come on, lovebirds, or you'll be disqualified!" She then raced into and past the wisteria, fading quickly into the fog.

I had half the mind to shout at her that we weren't lovebirds, but that wouldn't be very true, especially considering where Sabito's hands were.

"She's right, we should go." I looked around. "Makomo has already left."

Sabito grinned, drawing his sword. "Let's do this."

Time skip to the third night.
Anyone else feel like if Obanai was in the same Final Selection as Mitsuri, she wouldn't encounter a single demon?