𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

warnings: smut 

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Hey Sunshine."

Addison's left hand immediately shot out, landing a solid punch on the left side of Lloyd's face as she adjusted to the light, the hum of the airplane engine disorienting her. "Sorry," Addison murmured, pushing up on the mattress. Lloyd's plane was always her least favorite forms of transportation, the metal caging her in, he used to comfort her, hold her in his lap as the plane floated in the air, but now, he sat beside her on the bed, nursing his cheek by rubbing his palm against the stinging skin. "No you're not." Lloyd's tone was playful, but she could see the fire dancing in his eyes, only to dissipate when she collapsed back on the mattress.

He seemed to remember what she had just gone through, her body was still covered in blood, the metallic smell making her stomach churn. "Let's get you cleaned up?" Lloyd's voice was soft, nurturing, and Addison wanted to throw herself out of the plan for the way her stomach flipped at tone. She had taken care of herself for the past two years, never letting anyone in so that she couldn't be hurt again. "Lloyd, the injuries are-" her voice stopped immediately when he raised his eyebrow at her, "I've fucked you how many times? I've seen every inch of your body, I think I can handle getting dried blood off your skin, plus the first time I met you, I patched up your body."

"If I wasn't hurting I would kick you in the balls for being so crude."

"You always did hate it," Lloyd's smirk rested on his lips, his hand shooting out to block another hit from Addison before he placed his palm against hers, helping her up. "I hate you," she murmured, squeezing his hand when the plane hit turbulence, her chest colliding into his as she stumbled down the walkway to the small bathroom, "yeah you mention it a lot." His voice was teasing, grating on the nerves only he was able to hit.

Because the truth was, she was only saying she hated him to convince herself that she actually did, that she didn't want to curl back up into his lap like she used to on this same tin can that was barreling through the sky. She was trying to convince herself that if he never loved her, the she could pretend that she never loved him.

Except she did, she loved him with every part of her soul.

She missed the way his hands felt on her body, the way he had learned what she liked so acutely, that a look from across the room would make her a puddle at his feet. She missed the fights, and the make up sex, and the kisses in-between. She missed Lloyd, and she was using all her willpower to fight that urge. The urge to be with him, to drown in his kisses, to drown in his soul. Addison had forced all those thoughts away from her, living in the pain that he had created, that she had hosted, but when he was right in front of her, his signature cocky smile on display, she wanted to sob, just like she did that night two years ago, she wanted to feel the hurt, because hurt meant she could feel something at all. But more than anything, she wanted to feel his love again. Those moments, all the years, that wasn't fake, and she was tired of pretending it was.

The birds chirping outside brought Addison out of a peaceful slumber.

"Morning sunshine," Lloyd smiled at her, dropping his coat over the back of the cream chair that rested in the corner of the room, the sound of his belt coming undone forcing Addison's eyes to focus on him, squinting when the sun hit her face. "Hi baby," she reached out, fingers slapping against her palms while she grabbed for him, his deep chuckle reverberating round the room. The bed dipped under his weight, bare chest rubbing against hers as he nudged her cheek with his nose, leaving a kiss on the skin before he slipped under the covers, pulling her body against his. "I missed you sunshine," his palms traced the shape of her body, settling on her hips while she buried her head in his neck, "I missed you too, everything go to plan?"