Chapter 115: Ark Release Ultima

Start from the beginning

"This is a shadow war, ladies. No one will ever know all of our great deeds in preventing the end of the world." Della chirps in, leading the pack away.

-

"Argh!" Seungri bounces on the ground, ejecting short burst of jet fire from his feet to stop himself due to the impact of Jennie's attack. His body is tearing apart, it cannot withstands the monstrosity of the attacks from the four women. Alice and the rest slowly gaining confidence that they will finally bury Seungri, once and for all.

"Goddamnit, Claudius... Call it in!" Seungri screams in his head, his system now prioritizing defenses and recoveries instead of offenses. Despite being torn apart like this, the air of superiority never leaves him, making the ladies stay on their feet.

"Bastard's still kicking despite looking like a crashed car. Fucking Irene really hated us back then, huh?" Lisa huffs, throwing her broken scythes away. Rachel produces another pair of scythes for her, only to be declined.

"Make me a pair of chained blades instead. The scythes are one of a kind, only those can channel my ability properly. Any other weapon is a sure backfire." Lisa explains.

"Chained blades..." Rachel winces, trying to paint a picture of the said weapon so she can produce it.

Then it clicks, with Rachel clapping her hands together, a pair of chained blades forms from the palms of hers. The unique thing about the blades is their fullers are imbued with glowing reddish orange cracks. Upon receiving it, Lisa is bewildered, frowning at Rachel.

"What?" Rachel tilts her head, wondering the frowning on Lisa's face.

"Really? Blades of Chaos? What am I, Kratos?"

"You want a chained blades. That's the only thing that came to my mind." Rachel shrugs. Lisa rolls her eyes, testing the handling of her new weapon.

"You should lay down your gaming, sis. This is really taking it to the next level. We might get sued by Sony's for copyright infringement." Lisa chuckles, satisfied with the balance and handling of the blades.

"Sony's, Schmony's. We ain't monetizing anything, right?" Rachel turns to the empty space beside her, winking at nothing.

"Enough of the fourth wall's sketch, idiots. Let's strike the iron while it stills hot." Alice is about to launch an attack but her Ark Release scatters, returning Alice into her normal form.

As soon as her Ark Release dismantles, torrents of exhaustion and fatigue hit her simultaneously, making Alice falls to the ground, incapacitated. Seungri, seeing this as an opportunity, about to boost up to land a killing blow on Alice but Lisa's blades are much faster, hitting the ground a few centimeters away from Seungri's feet, stopping Seungri before he can ever shifts his footing.

"And where do you think you're going? Jennie, pull Alice back. She's dry. Rache, let's go." Lisa gives the order to Jennie, dashing at full speed with Rachel to finish Seungri while he is at his weakest.

"Alice. Hang in there." Jennie immediately carries Alice over her shoulder, retreating to the rear.

"Just... Patch me up... Get me back in..." Alice groans, sweating bullets as she fights through the immense pain.

"Don't be absurd, Alice. This needs not a few minutes of rest kind of situation. You're done. Let us handle this." Jennie snaps, slowly letting Alice down against a boulder. She pats Alice down, searching for her medkit. She found it, the last of the regen shot inside. She quickly administers it, yet Alice's condition is still the same.

"Heh... Guess I'm truly done here..." Alice sighs, her eyes showing defeat. At the hour of need, Alice could not provide, and it frustrates her.

"Hey, look at me." Jennie parts away Alice's hair, levelling her eyes with Alice's.