"Hala, senyorita! Kami na po diyan. Diyos ko!"

I looked at the maids that is running toward me. They looked really worried like I would die just by touching the broom.

I smiled and shook my head. "No, no. It's fine. Kaya ko na po 'to."

Manang shook her head and sadly smiled at me, so is the other maids. They've been with me eversince I was born. Some of them even grow with me and didn't left this mansion.

"Si Senyora Carmina na naman ba ang nag-utos sa 'yo?" she asked.

I nodded and continue what I'm doing. I heard them sighed and left me. I thought they finally left but they came back along with the cleaning tools. They are lowkeying helping me with the chores. I smiled and silently thanked them.

When the bossy wife and my father arrived together with my stepbrothers, the mansion is already clean. Carmina the bitch immediately touch the surface of the marble table to see if there is a tiny single dust or not. Her brows furrowed when there is none.

Her plans failed..

I saw father coming towards me so I immediatley greet him even though he would never actually really care and just pass through me without even looking.

"Welcome back, Father.."

And just like he always do, he never greeted me back nor took a single glance of me.

I knew to myself that it hurts. It hurts so much. It pains me deeply. But instead of being drowned to it, I shrugged it off and smiled bitterly.

I took a glimpse of my stepmother and saw that she's smirking at me. She is probably happy that my dad ignored me.. again.

I heave a sigh and smiled bitterly when I remembered how my father treat my stepsiblings. He would always check on Criselda, bond with Marcus and Liam... but me... his real flesh daughter... he would never check nor bond with me.

He can't even look at me as his daughter... your daughter, mamá.

I didn't mind Carmina 'cause it would be a waste of time. I left the sala and go straight upstairs to check on Criselda.

Monday came and I have to go to school. I just hope that nobody would bother me today.

"Your eyes are cold again."

I turned my head to her direction and chuckled. "My eyes is always like this, Amaris."

She glared at me and shook her head like she had enough of my lies.

"It is not always like that, Sera. I've seen it before.. it's full of happines." she sighed and shifted on her seat. "And please stop calling me with my name, okay? Call me with my nickname. It feels weird coming from my childhood bestfriend, y'know?"

I chuckled while stretching my long legs because it feels numb. I grab my law book and trace its pages.

"As you wish, Rai."

She hummed and tap the armchair while her eyes are somewhere far. I wish I could be like her... she's carefree.

"What if I'll kill myself. What would you feel?" I joked in a low voice. Someone might hear me and report it to my father. They would think that the first daughter of a respected wealthy man is suicidal.

Malakas niya akong binatukan at sinamaan ng tingin. She look like she would kill me in a snap.

"Fucking shut up, biatch. It won't happen and it will never be. Don't ever think of killing yourself! I'm here, okay?" she started tearing up that made me worried. "I'm here for you... don't you fucking leave me. Criselda and I is here for you. I love you... we love you, okay? Remember that..."

My mouth went agape and smiled. I wiped her tears and slightly chuckled. "Hey, I was just joking."

Humikbi siya. "It's not a good joke, Sera! I'm now starting to think your suicidal! Oh my god. Now I'm afraid to leave you... you might.. you might..."

"I'll never gonna do that, Rai. Don't worry." I assured her.

Night came and I'm already home. Just like the usual, Criselda would sleep beside me and snore like a baby. I laid beside her and stare at the ceiling to kill time.

I remember that at this hour, mamá would sing a song for me to make me sleep. My father would sit beside her and sing along.

Such a beautiful memory..

"I wish you are here beside me, mamá.. I miss you.."

_ Clarus Ire