9. broken off.

i walk downstairs after waking up around moon again and turn the corner and see mick, tommy, nikki, and vince sat on the couch laughing about whatever the hell they were talking about.

i tried to avoid as much eye contact with nikki due to the guilt. i basically led the poor guy on, and i didn't mean to.. it made me feel like a horrible person.

i sit down next to nikki and look at the tv. "afternoon" he says with a smile, "afternoon" i smile back, "you wanna go out to dinner or something tonight, i wanna talk to you about something?" i whisper to him slightly as mick and vince stand up and enter the kitchen. i move my eyes down to tommy who was biting his lip and looking back at me.

"sure.." he whispers back with an unsure voice, "am i in trouble?" he laughs a bit. "nahh, just wanna talk to you" i smile. "alright.." he smiles back.

"hey guys, come here!!" mick shouts out from the kitchen. nikki and i stand up and rush to the kitchen with tommy behind us.

"what's up? is something wrong?" i ask with a slightly worried face. "i have to go in early.." he sighs as he places the phone back. "when?" i furrow my eyebrows.

"later tonight, they called me in for something else they had planned." he pulls out a glass and a bottle of vodka. "c- cant you just not go?" i stutter a bit. "im sorry, i have to."

"he's been going to these for forever, you can just hang out with us for the week!" vince smiles as he lifts himself on the counter. "yeah, you won't sit around the house alone anymore" mick looks to me with a smile.

"yeah.. i guess. but its just as worse leaving me with these losers, i hope you know that!" i laugh a little bit. knowing i wasn't going to be alone anymore really helped, that was always a massive problem with me. i needed someone with me.

"you're gonna be fineee" mick takes a drink from the glass.

"i hope so.."

<>

"hey, nikki and i are gonna go get something to eat at the diner down the street, y'all want anything?" i ask tommy and vince who are sitting in the living room. "oo can i get a burger and fries?" vince asks. i nod in response and make eye contact with tommy for a second, he lifted his eyebrows to me before i turned around.

"alright nik, let's go" i smile and we both walk out. "okay so you wanted to talk to me about?" he asked as we both sat in the car.

"ill tell you at the diner." i nervously pick at my nails. "alright" he smiles.

once we arrived, we went in and got a table next to the window. "okay, spill" he says leaning back into the chair.

"so i wanted to talk about us.." i look down at the table. "i did too actually!" he innocently smiles. "yeah... so i think we should just stay friends.." i continue to stare at the table, but i saw his face changed from across the table, i felt his face change.

"its tommy." he sternly replies. "w- what?" i look up at him in confusion. "you're wearing his shirt, jennifer." he says with a straight face, "its obvious, i saw you two sitting close to each other the day we went to tommys."

"i-"

"dont". "im sorry.." i look down with guilt. "look, its fine, jen. but did you have any feelings towards me at all?" he leans forward on the table.