Edas eyes go cat-like wide and she states and hisses with awe "It sparkles,and shimmers.and shine so bright.I must have it for my nest."She also pounces at it right when King turns it off and puts it back under his hat.

"You have a nest?"Luz questions.

"I want a nest.NEST PARTY"I whine.

"Ugh that forcefield took a lot out of me."Eda states before going inside and changing into her dirty comfy clothes.

As Luz starts talking about Eda finally being able to teach her some magic since we're inside all day,King gets sad and asks about our demon lesson saying nhe was going to let us pet a demons belly(Aka him).Luz just apologizes and runs up to Eda.I follow her but say to King that If i'm awake tonight,I'd listen to his lesson.he agrees since he knows I stay up very late almost every night.

I don't like sleeping because of my nightmares.That stupid dragon.

Eda goes to lay on the cough when Luz and y/n approach her timidly but firmly.Eda screams "agh!" and "what do you want!"

Me and Luz proceed to complement Edas looks and she just says "Whatever you 2 want.it's a no."

"But Eda!You promised to teach us magic.Luz wants to at least know,and I need help so I don't end up burning the house and hooty down.Plus we'll give you the shiny pen~"I say with conviction.

"Fine but only one spell."

"Yes"I hear Luz say as I listen to Eda.

"Tonight I am going to teach you 2 about light.Eventually Luz,you and y/n will get a staff.But you first need to know how to cast spells on your own,so let me show you."Eda then proceeds to make a small circle in the air which becomes a ball of light that glows a soft but bright whitish yellowey-gold.She also yawns loudly.

King just states that magic is boring and that we should listen to his demon knowledge,which Luz just states magic is better and I just give him a look very clearly saying sorry.

Luz then asks Eda to do the glyph one more time as she needs to record her doing it. Eda says its all in the spell circle and that it varies in size and power if the circle is weak or larger/smaller. Eda starts to make a new circle for light but then conks out as she was almost done.

"O MY GOD! Eda!"Luz yells trying to wake Eda up. "Welp,you killed Eda. Don't worry,She'll wake up in a few hours.Just let her rest.Me,Luz,and King,end up bringing her upstairs to her room and plopped her in her bed,nest,resting place,whatever.

I try out the spell circle for light and end up making a fire spell.Maybe because i'm annoyed with my dreams again.Luz and King just complain about magic and demons,and king trys to get us to listen to his demon lore again but we aren't in the mood.

"Why do you two want to learn magic so badly anyway?"King asks obviously hurt.

"We were nobodies back home king."Luz sighs sadly.

"Yeah.And learning magic just would/does make us feel less like a nobody.I mean me and Luz already have a friend,Luz has 2 actually.But learning magic for us just seems special.Especially for Luz since she doesn't exactly have a magic bile sac attached to her heart."I explain with a twinge of understanding towards how King is feeling.

"Yeah.Do you know what it's like to have no one tale you seriously?"Luz asks King sadly.

'Sigh.If I help you two learn that spell,could we finish our demon lesson?"King sighs pleadingly.

"Yes,yes.You can teach us two about demons every week if you help us learn the spell."Luz agrees happily.

"Well, Eda told us that there used to be a different way witches used to do magic and I have a theory on how. I've noticed that every day, Eda drinks a potion,so that must be were she gets  her power from.And I know were to get some of that elixir."King theorizes.