The Not-Your-Talent Show! (6)

Start from the beginning

  "Was that wrong?" Mukuro asked.

  "N-No...Mukuro, that was brilliant!" Ibuki exclaimed. "I KNEW you had a knack for the drums!" Later throughout the rest of their practice session, Ibuki spent most of the time teaching Kaede, Maki, and Himiko how to play their instruments. Sayaka helped by giving Ibuki and Mikan some singing lessons. 

   "Okay, guys! Let's practice a quick song!" Ibuki suggested. "Um...how about the 'Happy Birthday' song?"

   "Okay, let's do it, already!" Sonia said impatiently. "I WANNA CRANK UP THE TUNEAAAAAGE!!!" she roared. 

   "Haha, okay, Mukuro, give us a beat, okay?" Ibuki said. Mukuro nodded then began making a small rhythmic sound on the edge of the cymbal. Sonia started the song with her electric guitar before the rest of the group joined in in almost perfect sync and harmony. Sayaka began singing with her best rock-sounding voice. When they were done, everyone cheered.

   "You guys...that was so amazeriffic!!!" Ibuki yelled. "Though it wasn't perfect, it was definitely an awesome start!"

  "Okay, now I'm way more excited about this than before!" Kaede said.

  "Nyeh...are we going to sing a song that already exists for the show, or should we make up our own?" Himiko asked.

  "I've been wondering the same thing," Mikan chimed in. 

  "Hm...what do you guys think?" Ibuki asked everyone. "Maybe it's too much work to come up with our own song, so maybe we should stick to-"

  "Hey, pigbarf, where are you?!" a rude voice asked as the door to Ibuki's studio flew open. In charged Hiyoko who stomped angrily towards Mikan. 

   "P-Please don't call m-me 'pigbarf,' Hiyoko..."Mikan squealed. 

   "I'll call you whatever I wanna call you!" Hiyoko spat. "You're in charge of cleaning up the kitchen this week, and I KNOW you hid my candy somewhere! Where is it?!"

  "I d-didn't hide it," Mikan whimpered. "I p-put it in the j-junk food cabinet where it's s-supposed to go!"

   "YOU don't make that decision...PIGBARF!!! What's mine is mine, and you don't touch it!" Hiyoko said, flicking Mikan's nose.

   "Ouch!" Mikan squealed. Hiyoko huffed at her before tromping out of the room and slamming the door. 

  "Why do you allow her to bully you like that?" Maki asked. 

   "More importantly...I think I know the name of our song!" Ibuki said. The others looked at her in confusion.

  "You mean...we are not going to sing an existing song like you were about to suggest?" Sonia asked.

   "Nah...when an opportunity comes a-knockin,' Ibuki gets to rockin!'" Ibuki announced proudly.

   ***

   Two weeks had passed and MioMaizoMenoMikiMakiMukiMatsuMind was getting better each and every day. 

  "I can't believe how much we've progressed!" Kaede exclaimed as she jammed away on the synthesizer. 

   "Yeah! I think I'm getting better at singing like a rock star instead of a pop star," Sayaka said. "In fact...I think I might like singing like a rock star better! Jeez...thanks, Ibuki," she said playfully.

   "Hah...no worries," Ibuki replied. "Always happy to convert a fellow musician to the rock side!" Suddenly, they heard a knock at Ibuki's studio door. "C'mon iiiiinnn!" Ibuki sang. The door opened to reveal Kokichi who had his hands behind his head and casually walked inside.

   "Hey, rock stars!" he said with a cheeky grin. He went over to Himiko and greeted her with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. An ear-to-ear grin stretched across Sonia's face.

  "Ahh! Another pair of ears to witness the glory of my shredding!" she exclaimed. "Kokichi! You must hear me shred on my guitar! Would you like to hear?!" 

   "The Ultimate Princess knows how play the electric guitar?!" Kokichi exclaimed excitedly. "I wanna see! I wanna see! Ooo! Make a song about me!" 

   "Most excelleeeent!" Sonia replied with the shaka sign. "PREPARE YOURSELF FOR FACE-MELTING SHREDDERY!!!" Sonia burst into a wild string of electric guitar music. She began to sing in her best rock-sounding voice. "K-O-K-I-C-H-I! Kokichi is the guy who always tells lies! When you ask him what he wants, his lips will say 'pies,' but look into his eyes and they'll tell you 'FRENCH FRIIIIEEEEESSSSS!!!' YE-AHHHH!!!" Sonia ended her song and the only sound was the fading echo of the guitar reverberating throughout the room. Kokichi suddenly burst out into happy, uncontrollable laughter.

  "Hahahahahahahaha!!! That was so totally awesome, Sonia!" he exclaimed as he clutched his stomach and rolled around on the floor. 

   "Dayummm straight!" Sonia replied.

   "Sooo...you guys gonna make up your own song, or what?" Kokichi asked after he pulled himself together. 

   "Yup!" Ibuki replied happily. "The name of our song is...'Pigbarf!'" 

   "Pff...what?" Kokichi snorted. 

   "Yet another thing that Ibuki foisted on us," Maki sighed.

  "Heeeeyyy, it'll be a hit! You'll see!" Ibuki whined. "And anyways, I've got most of the lyrics down! We'll be ready in no time for the Not-Your-Talent Show!"