Hospital Trip

Dans POV

I walked out of the hospital feeling guilty. What did I do? I am a bad person. I felt a warm hand intertwine with mine. Hmm maybe I'm not so bad? No. I am.

Phil's POV

He was still shocked. He felt bad. I could feel it in his hand. I could see t in his eyes. "Dan." He looked up at me with watery eyes, his face looked like a helpless child's. I leaned in and kissed his cheek. "It's not your fault! It's fine. It's going to be okay!" I rubbed his arm and tried to reassure him.
"No! I caused the second heart attack! You know I did! I probably caused the first one too!" Dan let go of my hand and covered his face.
Even through his fingers I could see his tear streaked face. It's not his fault though. He shouldn't have to cry. "Dan..." He collapsed onto the floor, sobbing dramatically. It wasn't his fault...

Flashback

We walked into the hospital room. Dan in front. Me behind, encouraging him to move forward. I noticed Dan's dad's are light up when he saw Dan. Hmmm maybe things weren't that bad! I walked in after Dan. Dans father grimaced. He pursed his lips and I could practically see the annoyance oozing from his ears.
"What's he doing here?" Dans dad asked, pointing bitterly at me. I stayed strong, but it hurt more than I showed. But Dan didn't need to know that.
"He is my boyfriend! And you liked him before we started dating, so why can't you like him now?" Dans powerful voice surprised me. I've never heard him speak in that tone before. He seemed so sure of himself. So....Powerful.
Dans dad shifted around awkwardly. As if he knew that the answer would end with something worse than an argument. Tension filled the air. "I don't like that you are bisexual, son. You know very well of that." His voice was too steady. He was using a lot of strength not to shout. But Dan didn't care about shouting.
"Why can't you except this?! IT'S WHO IM AM! I don't know why you call me son if you don't except me for who I am." Dan spat. My eyes stung with tears. And I could some forming in Dans too. His eyes were reddening and he was blinking a lot.
"BECAUSE YOU ARE MY SON!" Dans dad shouted. "And I want grandchildren! THAT ARE MINE! Not someone else's!" A nurse dashed in as she heard his booming voice. I was now crying.
Silently.
The tears were falling from my eyes non-stop. Dan was crying too. But loudly. Sobbing. It was not how I thought this would go.
"WELL GUESS WHAT? I DON'T GIVE A-" The machine that was attached to Dans dad went crazy. Nurses rushed over and tried to help him.
Oh no....
He was having another heart attack. That was not good. Usually people barely survived one heart attack, but two? Oh no....
The buses told us to leave. Everyone was rushing around. We waited in the uncomfortable hospital chairs for an hour. Finally, a nurse came out. She looked around nervously, till she spotted us. She walked over and bit her lip. Oh no....

End of Flashback

Dan was still crying. But now into my shoulder. Okay. I was crying too. It was going to get better.
I kissed Dan's forehead and ran my fingers through his hair. He hiccuped and grabbed my hand. I rubbed his back, wishing I could make the pain go away. This wasn't his fault. It was mine. No! Stop thinking like that, Phil! But it was.
I let out a deep breath. It is going to get better. Everything will be fine. Thing will be okay again. Right?