Chapter 26

Neelum

She had not talked to her mother about what had happened .

Everytime her mother tried to bring it she told her she was not ready to talk about it.

She had been home for a day now, and Ibrahim hadn't bothered contacting her .
Which she was fine with, she really didn't think either of them had anything to say to the other .

She was sitting by the window in the drawing room, it was raining. She usually loved the rain , she would step out and allow the raindrops to drench her , but at this moment she felt like being a spectator.

"Neelum?" she turned to her mother ,

"Beta please batao kya hua hai? Tum kuch nahi bol rahu aur dusri taraf manna karduya k hum Ibrahim se bhi koi sawal naa pouchay" her mother said , as she sat down next to her ,
"You have all off us worried , chanda kya baat hogayi k tum yuh behave kar rahi ho"
She knew her mother was concerned
"Ammi," he voice cracked .
"Please abhi mere se kuch naa pouchein" she requested.

Her mother stared at her for a few minutes , and then patted her cheek,
"Theek hai beta ,"

Neelum sighed , as her mother went to the kitchen , to check on dinner .

Everyone was going to gather here for dinner, and her mother was had been running errands all day.

By dinner time all her brothers had hugged her , happy that she had decided to comeover for a few days.

"Tumhari shakal bhulna shuru hogaye thay hum" Qasim bhai joked ,

"Pichlay haftay tou mein aayi thi bhai" Neelum rolled her eyes .

"Mein tou nahi milla tha tum se naa" he said to her ,
"Bhabi kaha hai , nazar nahi aarahi ?" She asked ,

"Apnay parents ki taraf gayi hui hai" he told her ,
"Kyun ? Khairiyat?" Neelum asked ,
"Haan sab theek hai , woh apnay pregnancy k aakhri do mahine waha guzarana chahti hai" he told her .

Qasim bhai was the closest to her in age , which was still 8 years older ,

"Do you know the gender of the baby?" She asked her brother , and he nodded ,
"Its a girl" he told her , and Neelum felt genuinely happy,
"MashAllah bhai , mubarak ho" she said she could see the joy on her brothers face , and in that moment a bittersweet feeling settled over her , how she wished that Ibrahim had reacted to a similar way, his reluctance remained in her heart like a thorn.

"Phupo" Arzoo shreiked the moment she saw her, and jumped towards her , only to be caught by Fahad bhai before she slipped.
"Arzoo" he said in a warning tone , pressing a kiss to her head,
Ayesha bhabi was carrying baby Aazan , and Hammad was holding her hand.

"Hum ne kya baat ki thi raastay Arzoo beta, aap bhaagtay nahi ho aisay , chot lag jaye gi" Ayesha bhabi explained to her ,
"Araam se jaa kar phupo ko millo" she told her as Fahad bhai let go of her .

Arzoo pouted but did as she was told .

"Meri Arzoo ki tang ko kya hua ?" Neelum asked her niece , who pouted.
"Gir gaye thi" she mumbled ,

And Ayesha bhabi shook her head,
"Park mein bhaagrahi thi and she stumbled" Ayesha bhabi said ,
"Hammad jao beta sab se milo" she coaxed her son , who reluctantly let go of his mothers hand.

"Saima ki tabiyat kaisi hai Qasim" Ayesha bhabi asked , and Qasim shrugged ,
"Subha humari larai hui hai , ussay lagta hai mein jhoot bol raha houn , par woh moti nahi hui" he told them truthfully.

Fahad bhai patted his shoulder ,
"Inn dino khayal karo , aakhri dinno k gillay hamesha miltay hai" he joked winking at his wife who just shook her head with a smile .

Rehan and Rizwan bhai were in a deep discussion about politics , while sohail bhai was discussing something with their father ,
"Safa bhabi, Daniyal aur bachay kaha hain?" Qasim bhai asked ,

Safa bhabi paused her conversation with Mahnur bhabi , and shrugged ,
"Sab k finals hai , apnay apnay kamro mein band hai" she told him.

"Dani se millay huay itna time hogya hai" Neelum said to her ,

"Buss medical ki parhai hai hee aisi , ajj kal Daniyal ko larnay ka bhi time nahi milta" she laughed .

Mahnur bhabi raised an eyebrow ,
"Neelum tum kab tak hi yaha?" She asked , and Neelum felt her cheeks warm up,
"Kuch din hun mein abhi bhabi" she said to her and she nodded going back to her conversation.

_________________________

Fahad bhai asked her if she wanted to talk , subtly .
She shook her head she didn'tfeel like she was ready, her thoughts were a mess and she didn't know how she would explain what she had been going through.

"Neelum tum Ibrahim ko bhi khaanay pe bula leti" Rizwan bhai said ,

Neelum cleared her throat ,
"Nahi bhai , Ibrahim busy hain ajj kal" she said trailing off.

"Oh theek hai, Rehan aur mein iss haftay gaoun jaanay ka souch rahay thay chalo gi saath?" He asked , but this time her mother spoke up,
"Nahi Neelum itnay dinno k liye nahi aayi beta , aur woh gaoun Ibrahim k saath hee jaye tou bheter hoga" she said , and Rizwan bhai nodded.

As dinner came to an end one by one her siblings started to leave , and feeling overwhelmed Neelum decided to go to her room.
She checked her phone for any texts of Ibrahim and she realised that she had been hoping that he would reachout to her .

He didn't.

_________________________

Ibrahim

His mother had asked to see him in her room.

Neelum had left the day before , and theor last fight had been playing in his head , everytime he would think about it he would only get more angry at her , he missed her yes , but he had tried stopping her , but she wasn't willing to even listen.
He had had it with her unwillingness to sit and resolve the problem by talking, instead she had decided to give him an ultimatum, it infuriated him.

"Ammi aap ne bulaya?" He asked ,

His mother nodded ,
"Aao betho beta," she said and he sat down next to her.

"Ibrahim Neelum ki wapsi kab hai?" She asked him, and he shrugged ,

"Kuch din lagay shayad" he said , his mither raised an eyebrow,

"Aamnah ka phone aaya tha ," his mother told him,
"Woh keh rahi thi k Neelum ne ussay kuch bola nahi hai, par ussay mehsoos hua hai jaisay k tum dono k beech koi baat hui hai" she finished ,
"Hui hai ?" She asked and he looked away,

"Ibrahim , ussay yuh har choti baat pe tum ghar kyun bhej rahay ho?" This time disappointment underlined his mothers question.
"Tumhe mein iss se zyada samjhdaar samjhti thi" she said shaking her head.

Ibrahim took a deep breath ,
"Ammi , meine ussay nahi bheja" he clarified .
"Woh khud apni marzi se gayi hai aur abh mein ussay lene nahi jaaoun ga" he told her before his mother could say anything.

"Aur raha sawal baat ka tou woh uss ki aur meri personal baat hai , jab woh wapas aayegi tou hum masla resolve kar lein gay" he told her with a tone pf finality.

"Ibrahim beta yeh kesi zidd hai , agar woh naraz hui hai kisi baat pe tou ussay manao" his mother said ,

He shook his head,
"Ammi yeh humara personal masla hai , please iss mein aap matt involve ho" he requested and got up, ready to leave .

His mothers words stopped him,
"Zid se rishtay nahi bantay Ibrahim." She said to him softly.

He turned to her ,
"Yeh ussay souchna chahiye tha" he said as he walked closing the door behind him.

______________________________________________________

Sis is doing well!
Pat pat pat

Hey guys ,
Comment
Share
Like

Love
❤️❤️