Xia Qingshu was about to say more when Chen Zhi Yu took the cigarette and put it in his hand, “Forget it, I can smoke it when I am well.”

“But you are so uncomfortable, smoke one to distract yourself ……” Xia Qingshu flung the cigarette with one hand and squeezed the lighter with the other, unknowingly using honorifics.

After he crossed over, he had always lived his life with the game mentality of getting by and eating the melons, watching the show. He didn’t feel that deep about the identity he suddenly acquired. He thought that he was a bystander and would leave one day. Maybe he would read a few books and cross over again one day.

It was only when danger came that he became acutely aware of the reality of the world he was in. This is the world of living people, where people made of are flesh and blood. They can be good and bad, hurt and bleeding, crying and laughing. He had always thought of Chen Zhiyu as a violent villain, prejudiced against him and always on guard, but he was saved by the ‘bad guy’ in the book.

In their relationship, apart from the first time they met, when Chen Zhiyu showed hostility towards him, Chen Zhiyu was an average person with clear likes and dislikes at all times. Just now, he had the delusion of returning to the original world through death, so if he was hit, he would really be dead, right?

After thinking about it, Xia Qingshu felt ashamed of his foolish thoughts and, at the same time, was so moved by the other party’s actions that, unknowingly, his eyes reddened. Two lines of tears flowed down the corners of his eyes. He rarely cried for real before, but he didn’t know what had happened recently. His tastes had changed, his sense of smell had become more acute, his emotions had become more plentiful, and he was particularly sleepy.

He wanted to turn his head and wipe the tears away secretly, but Chen Zhiyu pulled his hand, “Why are you crying again? Did the pole accidentally hit you? Let’s go to the hospital later for a detailed examination.”

“No, I didn’t cry ……” Xia Qingshu stabilised his mind and forced the remaining tears to stay in his eyes. The little white face was stained with some ash, and his eyes were red and filled with tears that would not fall off. He was biting his lip in a feigned strength. However, such an expression had nothing to do with strength, which set him off in a particularly endearing way.

Chen Zhiyu glanced at the beautiful, stubborn little cat in front of him and surprisingly did not realise that his voice was too gentle to be accurate, “Don’t cry, I’m fine. Be good.”

“I’m not crying.” Xia Qingshu was so anxious that tears began to slide down uncontrollably. A glistening white and translucent tear slid down his cheek and neck, all the way to the collarbone, leaving it in a deep depression. There were some red marks on his face, presumably from wiping the tears, right on both cheeks, and her whole wet face looked like it had been powdered, delicate as a red and white hibiscus out of the water.

“I really am not crying ……”

Xia Qingshu also does not know what the reason is, he tried hard to control them, but the tears still could not stop falling.

What is wrong with him?

Maybe it was the grievance of suddenly transmigrating into a book, the resentment of being a pappa on the first day crossing into the book. The grievance of encountering extreme relatives and school bullying. Finally, he can’t help it ……

“I won’t cry…” Xia Qingshu said with a tear-stained face as he let them flow down.

He looked bright, red-eyed and pursing his lips in tears, like a stubborn elf. Chen Zhiyu was stunned when he suddenly remembered where he had seen this scene before.