To Finally Meet Each Other

It was a bright sunny day. It was Tuesday. Lily just came back from her mom hometown. She was ready for her work. She had work from office schedule. She decided to wear a simple casual cloth. She was wearing a navy shirt combined with a white sweater. She wore her grey white pants and she put out her old white wedges which she wore when she first entered the job place. 

She directly went to her office as she usually came by to a coffee shop nearby. She decided to enjoy the coffee while she was working as she remembered that she had to finish some jobs as soon as possible. She arrived at her office which was not crowded enough and she met Afaf.

"Hi, how are you? How was your leave?" Afaf asked as Lily told her before the Lily was going to meet her mom.

"Great! I did some routine that I used to do with my mom."

"Great! What else did you do?" Affa stood up beside Lily and she was ready to listen more stories.

"Well, I just laid down. I did not do much going out. It was our quality time. Beside..."

Affa narrowed her eyes. "Beside?"

"I got the message from hmm... our boss. She said I had to finish some stuff and I was overthinking about them."

"Oh my...I feel bad." Affa replied.

"It is okay. We have to keep going on. Right?"

"Well, I guess... I have to do the same thing. To keep this company stands up." Affa blinked and she went to her table.

Lily came back to her laptop and looked through her work. She tried so hard to focus on her work and avoided to look at her phone or stopped.

By the time Lily tried to fix and finish her remain job, she finally got 50 % progress. It was finally lunch time and she decided to ask Affa to go together. Unfortunately, she had a meeting with another client and she was going to have lunch as well.

"It's okay. I am just gonna go now. I was afraid I could not come back on time and finish my work. Thank you." They both move into separate ways. Lily went out from the building. 

She went to the nearest coffee and eatery house. She found a place and went into it. She opened the door and stayed at the line and looked at the menu above the cashier bar.

"Lily?"

Somebody called her and she looked at her back.

"Freddie?"

**

The world is so unpredictable. How long that Freddie and Lily got to find each other but they finally met in a place that they did not even think possible. They both smiled and wondered. Freddie held his head and rubbed it. Lily looked out the window and they both felt awkward. 

"Lily?" A call from a cashier broke their silence. Lily came to the cashier table and paid for her coffee.

"Listen, hmm, can we talk for a while?" Freddie stopped Lily when she tried to say goodbye and found her own table. Lily held her breath and said yes. Lily found a good table for them and Freddie was ordering food and coffee, too.

"I was so happy to finally meet you." Freddie exclaimed with excitement. He sat across from Lily.

"I was also surprised that I could meet you here. It's been a long time. I am sorry for the awkward moment." Lily replied. 

"It is okay. It's... It's good to see you here. I was wondering where you were back then."

There was another awkward moment between them.

"So... how's life?" Freddie opened the conversation after all.

Lily gave a slight smile. "Life's good. So good. I met my Mom last week. We spent such a good time together in my hometown." Lily looked at Freddie who smiled at her story. She felt warm at her cheeks. 

"Great to hear that!" Freddie exclaimed.

"Thanks! How about you? It's been a long time since the last time we met. I bet you had many stories to share. Well, if you want to."

"Well, Lily. Yeah! Lots of stories yet not a good one. I had to meet my ex girlfriend who was with her boyfriend that time. I also started to remember my another ex girlfriend who died. The memory was all over me. But yeah, I also has to say thank you today probably that I get over them." Freddie sipped his coffee again. He shrugged, "I feel lucky."

Lily narrowed her eyes. "Excuse me. You feel lucky?" 

"Yeah, I can say so. I can say that I can get over a bit from my ex girlfriends. I have to say thank you to the person in front of me." Freddie plays his both hands. He felt nervous about what he was going to say. 

"Hmm. Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about." Lily chuckled and seemed that she was able to guess about what Freddie would like to say but her heart tried to deny it.

Freddie sighed, "It is you, who help me to get over them." Freddie smiled and looked at both Lily's eyes. 

Lily felt like she got a star truck. She was quiet there. She only held her cup and looked at Freddie's eyes, too. She had something to say or deny or fight against Freddie's statement or felt like a confession. 

"Lily..." called Freddie. It was a soft voice. He then held both Lily's hand. He took slowly from the cup she held tight. 

"I know it was too fast. I don't know. I just feel like this is the right time because I am afraid of losing you again. Even it is just losing you from a phone number I lost, it hurts. You know..."

There was a long pause between them. 

"I love you." said Freddie and Lily looked surprised. 

"I..." Replied Lily. Freddie smiled but Lily still looked confused. "I don't know what to say." Lily took back her both hands. She hold the hands tight. She looked around and she did not want to stare directly to Freddie. "It was weird."

Freddie just smiled. He had the feeling that this might happen. He knew that this was going to be a stupid thing to do, but he could not wait any longer for not saying his feeling to Lily. But he suddenly remembered that Lily might consider that,

"Are you with somebody?" Freddie asked when he remembered about a man who walked inside a cafe with Lily back then.

"No. No. No." Lily replied firmly and she shook her head, "It was just..."

There was a long pause again and it made Freddie uncomfortable.

"I am afraid of hurting somebody, again."