𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

Scoops Ahoy - 6:30 PM - Tuesday

Mike's POV

Mike was torn. Should he stay with Will or go find El? She was clearly mad about something- She never avoids his intimacy, so something was definitely wrong. Was she mad because he invited Will? Nah, that couldn't be it. She would have said no when he asked if he could bring a friend. Something else was bothering her. Was it school? Maybe she didn't like her class schedule. Or maybe she got in a fight with one of her friends. Or maybe- 

"Mike? Hellooo, earth to Mike??" Will waved his hand in front of Mike's face. He pushed his little conversation with himself to the back of his mind and smiled at his friend.

"Sorry, spaced out. Whats up?" He dipped his spoon into his ice cream as he spoke, stirring it around in the cup before taking a bite.

"I was wondering what kind of ice cream you got. Looks good." Will nodded his head towards the little paper cup on the table, labeled "Scoops Ahoy." Mike thought for a second, pretending his mouth was full for a second so he could remember what flavor he got.

"U.S.S Butterscotch, I think." Mike cringed at the cheesy name, laughing softly. All the flavors were named like this- Some stupid sailor pun to fit the nautical theme of the shop.

"You think?" Will teased, taking a bite of his ice cream as Mike laughed. Suddenly, he had a good idea. Mike gasped, his gaze resting slightly beyond Will. He pointed to something in the distance, eyes wide with feigned fear. 

"Look!" He said, his expression unwavering. Will turned around, looking behind him at the mall. Mike reached across the table, shoving his spoon into Will's cup of ice cream. 

"I don't see anything- Hey!!" Will's eyes widened and he laughed. He grabbed Mike's forearm playfully, his grip firm, but not painful. They both laughed loudly as Mike made a desperate attempt to scoop up some of Will's ice cream. Just as he finally managed to free himself from Will's grip, he noticed El, standing at the end of the table, watching them. Her fists were balled at her side and her expression was stoic. Will, embarrassed, pulled his hand away and sat there in silence. Mike's arm remained reached across the table as he stared at El.

"Hey El! Feeling better?" Mike sputtered out. He slowly pulled his arm back, tipping Will's ice cream over in the process. "Shit, uh, I need napkins, I'll be right back." Mike slid out of the booth and ran to the counter. He exhaled deeply as he grabbed the napkins. Why was he so nervous about interacting with his own girlfriend? She clearly didn't feel good and he's supposed to be there to help. He'd never felt like this. Like he didn't want to interact with her, or speak to her, or even be in her presence. He did love her, but it doesn't feel like love anymore. 

He returned to the booth, only to see that Will was gone and El was sitting in his spot. El was eating her own half melted ice cream, smiling.

"Where's Will?" Mike could hear how worried he sounded as he wiped up the ice cream.

"He left. He said he shouldn't be here. He said he felt like he was intruding." Her response was shallow. She sounded proud, like she had done something to make him leave. Mike slammed the ice cream covered napkins down on the table and ran out of Scoops Ahoy, looking around frantically for his friend. His heart was racing as he shoved past people on the escalator. He finally spotted him. Will was making his way towards the exit. Mike chased after him, shoving through the big doors of the mall, the cold air brushing against his face as he grabbed Will's shoulder.

"Mike, leave me alone. El told me how you feel about me, and I don't want to hear it." Will voice was shaky. His cheeks were tear stained and his eyes were red. Mike's face twisted up in confusion. What had El told Will that made him cry? Why was she lying to him?

"What? Whatever El told you, it's not true. I care about you, Will. I really do, and I'm sorry if El told you otherwise. She's mad at me and I don't know why but I really need you to trust me. I don't want to lose you. I-" Mike was cut off. 

Will kissed him. 

Mike's eyes widened. And then they shut. He leaned into Will, deepening the kiss. Will grabbed Mike's hand as he pulled away. They stared into each others eyes and a million thoughts ran through his head. Will let go of Mike's hands, his mouth open like he was about to say something, but instead he turned away and ran to his brother's car.

Mike stood there, dumbfounded. He was blushing. His hand was still warm from Will's.

The kiss shocked him, but he liked it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEy im finally giving u guys what u want (probably) 

you guys are eating good today!!

Word count: 849