✗ forty six ✗

Start from the beginning

"Well, at least his state is much worse than my fist", I said with a scoff.

"Wait here, I'll go buy you some ice and bandage from the next door pharmacy", he explained softly as he was soon picking up his bag and leaving me to his friends in the table.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his retreating figure, wondering why he was throwing so much fuss over my slightly bruised fist but I'm glad anyway to see that he cares so much.

As he exited out the door, Jungwon turns to me with a teasing smile, "I have to admit you really brings out the soft side of our bestfriend", he said.

"He'd never been that caring to any girl except for my sister...", Sunoo immediately trails off after Jungwon nudged him.

If before, I would be quickly offended by the reminder of Sunhee to Ni-ki's life, at the knowledge she had been the first girl before me that he had waited for three long years, it had changed by this point.

As I get to know the girl herself, I know why anyone would fall for her easily. Hell, I even spend the whole time last year hearing about her a lot from Chenle for having a crush on her.

It can get irritaring but now even me was charmed by her simple existence in our school.

"By the way, would it be too much if I asked if Ni-ki has finally moved on from her completely?"

There's the question of the year.

"Yes", Sunoo said, giving himself time to think, "I mean, for the two months that Sunny and Heeseung didn't talk and they were always together, I think that's when Ni-ki slowly began to realize he'll just be a friend to my sister"

The two of them, Jungwon and him started to talk about how Ni-ki opened up to them in those months. The boy knew he would not ever be Heeseung for Sunhee and somehow in the end, he accepted and just swore to be a good friend who'll be there when she needed him.

Everything's fine now between them, but his two bestfriends asked me for one thing.

"Just promise not to do the same to our Ni-ki, okay?", Sunoo said with his eyes on me directly, "All we wanted for him is to have a reason to be more happy this year at least"

I know this was a serious deal they was asking for me and they didn't mean it to be complimenting but that didn't stop my heart from fluttering when they were looking at me as if they were trusting their friend's well being on my hands.

It was a nice feeling to see Nishimura Riki's friends liked me this much.

"Well, I don't want to ruin the sappy moment between you all but can I ask the same thing to your friend, Ni-ki? Make sure he'll not hurt her too", Chenle said, shaking his head at our conversation in amusement.

"I think I'm spending too much time with Ni-ki now to even want to leave", I said to them happily.

"You say that like it's a bad thing", Jungwon laughed at his statement.

Is this what my relationship with Ni-ki was going to be? Us being accepted and our friends liking it and slowly getting closer as us?

I pulled on my seat and waited for Ni-ki, then eagerly started another conversation with them about everything and nothing.

Ni-ki returned after ten minutes with no hint of anger in his face but smile as he raised the plastic bag of bandage and ice pack towarda us.

The boys squealed when they saw him and he tipped his head as if to say game on.

I hang out with all of them for two hours more before going home and I'm like damn maybe there's some meaning to this life thing after all.

I wouldn't trade this for anything. No, never. I feel like at home here.

next chapter

i will never move on from this book i swear.. minji and ni-ki and the other side characters were now attached to me.

by the way, what's a better cover for jungwon's book?

this one?

or this one?

yes this book will be connected to this book just like the first two books.

don't forget vote & comment!