Page 73: Disappointed:

Start from the beginning

"Guess my lying to him just caught up with me." Emma sighed when she looked down at the ground.

"Give him time; he'll forgive you." Gold sighed, making Emma look up at him. "Is that you projecting your own hopes?" Emma asked, making Gold scoff to himself. "My son and I have some way to go." Gold scoffed when Emma looked around again.

"I can see that," Emma said when Gold sighed, walking closer to her. 

"I need you to speak to him." Gold said, ignoring the look Emma just gave him. "Try and convince him to come back to Storybrooke with us... He seems to want to meet Dream. You could try that." Gold suggested, making Emma scoff at him. 

"If I recall, there was only one favor I owed you. And I think I'm paid up."

"This isn't about me anymore... You'll do it for Henry." Gold said, causing Emma to scoff again. "How do you figure that?" Emma asked him. "Well, because if you don't, you're gonna wake up one morning and discover he's hopped in a bus back to New York. He ran away to Boston to be with you. He'll do the same for his father." Gold said when Emma sighed, knowing that that's exactly what Henry would do.

"Until Neal lets him down. Which he will. It'll be a hard lesson, but then at least Henry will understand that I lied to protect him." Emma explained, causing Gold to scoff out a chuckle. 

"Someone's beginning to sound a lot like Regina." Gold said, causing Emma to sigh, recalling what Henry told her back on the fire escape. "I think the real reason you lied was to protect yourself." Gold continued, causing Emma to scoff at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"From getting hurt again." Gold added when Emma scoffed at him again. "That's not happening." Emma denied it when Gold chuckled at her. "Do you want a second chance with that man?" Gold asked, making Emma scoff at him once more.

"What makes you think that?" Emma asked, sounding really offended.

"The look on your face." Gold smirked at her.

"You have no idea what--" Emma went to say when Gold stepped back. "What are we talking about?" Neal asked, walking out of the shop with a paper plate, with pizza, in his hand.

"Emma, Neal wanted to show me the museum," Henry spoke up when Gold and Emma did not answer Neal's question. "Do you think we can go back to the apartment and get my camera?" Henry asked when Emma looked up at Neal with a furrowed brow. "Yeah, well, I... Kids like culture, right?" Neal asked her.

"Sure..." Emma said, turning to look back at Henry. "Yeah, that's fine. You like the New York pizza?" Emma asked her son.

"Yeah, it's delicious, cheesy, and doesn't lie," Henry said, throwing a shot at his mother, making Emma's smile turn to a frown.

*Storybrooke, Maine*

Dream walked to the docks with Hook when she stood, watching him get onto the deck. "So, you're just leaving? Do you even know where he went?" Dream asked when she followed him, stepping onto the deck. "If you're so concerned, then I'll be glad to give you some parchment to make me a map." Hook said, looking back at her as he stood on the steps that led up to the wheel.

Dream suddenly started to walk towards him when he raised his brow. "What are you doing?" He asked her, making her stop to look at him. "You said draw you a map." She said, as if it was obvious when Hook scoffed to himself.

"No need." He scoffed aloud when he reached in his satchel, picking up the box. "I'll find my way to the Dark One. Take your heart and go home." Hook said, reaching her the box. "You took my heart?" Dream scoffed at him, making Hook sigh.

"Would you have helped me get my hook?" He asked when she scoffed at him.

"You are absolutely clueless for a pirate who claims to know a lot." She scoffed at him when he raised his brow. "I was the one who helped you when we first met in the Enchanted Forest. I would have helped you if you only trusted me. But no. You're just a selfish pirate." Dream scoffed when she started to walk off of the ship.

Hook sighed to himself, watching her leave, but he turned away when he saw he walk onto the docks. He could not let her distract him any further. He had a crocodile to kill.

~season 2, episode 15: "The Queen is Dead"~

~1406 words~