Caput IV

The Hogwarts Train - 1997 - 10:35am

Hadrian and the knights sat in a compartment near the end of the train, having no knowledge that it was claimed by the Malfoy heir and his group of Slytherins.

The door of the compartment was opened by a blond teenager, a pureblood if Hadrian was to guess by his cloths and the way he held himself.

"Why are you here? This is my compartment, move!" 

"Calm down Draco" Mattheo  said, rolling his eyes.

" I thought you were still attending Dumstrang, and who are your new friends?"

Mattheo glanced at the boys in the compartment.

Hadrian spoke first, "Pleasure to meet you Malfoy, me and my  friends are all transfers from Dumstrang, for our sixth year"

"Who are you?" Draco asked

" Hadrian Black, this is Theodore Nott, Vladimir Ciobanu, Stefan Grindelwald, Aleksander Ivanov and you already know Tom and Mattheo"

"Pleasure to meet you, I never knew that there were any Blacks left?"

Hadrian stiffened, " My family abandoned me, believing I was a squib. Regulus Black adopted me before his death."

"Welcome to the family then Cousin!"

The rest of the Slytherins entered the compartment and sat. "Draco Malfoy, this is Blaine Zabini, Daphne Greengrass, Pansy Parkinson, Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe"

After introductions and discussing multiple topics including Hogwarts, Dumstrang, the rise in dark forces and almost buying the entirety of the confectionery on the old woman's trolly, and changing into their Hogwarts robes, the train had finally arrived at Hogwarts. 

You would be wondering how that many people fit into a compartment designed for 6? Undetectable Extension charms are something Vladimir prides himself with.

Hogwarts Castle - 1997 - 6:27pm

The Tenebris Equites walked with the first years towards the boats, cramming into 2 of the wooden vessels.

The boats sped forward across the lake, and the hairy oaf lead them up the stairs to a set of large doors, he walked away as a tall, strict looking woman walked in, introducing the herself as Professor MGonagall and giving a brief history of the school before leading the first years through the doors, instructing the boys to remain behind.

" And now, entering their sixth and third years at Hogwarts, please welcome the transfers from Dumstrang Institute!"

At Dumbledore's announcement, the knights walked in confidently, in a triangular position behind Hadrian. Another small group of young boys walked in, the professor from earlier began to call their names in alphabetical order.

" Black, Hadrian"

The mangy old hat sat on his head for seconds, before

"SLYTHERIN!"

" Bucur, Andrzej"
The boy was almost a hat stall, remaining under the hat for
9 minutes, before being called to join the Ravenclaws.

"  Ciobanu, Vladimir"
The hat barely touched his head, Vladimir heard the faint whisper of 'Vampire'

"SLYTHERIN!"

"G-Grindelwald, Stefan" A few of the professors almost fainted and most were deathly pale.

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Ionescu, Luca"

" GRYFFINDOR!"

"Ivanov, Aleksander"

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Lupu, Dorin"

" HUFFLEPUFF"
Disgust radiated from the other transfers as the third year scampered off quickly to his fellow badgers.

"Nott, Theodore"

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Riddle, Mattheo" The faculty also paled at his name,

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Riddle, Thomas" The headmaster looked terrified,

"SLYTHERIN!"

Tom joined the other boys at the table.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts, and welcome to all newcomers, enjoy the feast!"

That night Hadrian basked in the taste of Dumbledore's fear more than that of hearty beef stews and Yorkshire pudding.