Second Chapter: Band Diary

Start from the beginning

"Why you trying to play me I get way more ass than you playboy!" K-Ci says defending his player card.

One of the other girls that was there didn't like how one of the guys was being totally disrespectful to all of the girls In the room calling girls the b-word.

"Um can y'all stop using that hateful word It's very degrading" One white girl said with Jojo.

"Who Is y'all? I ain't saying no cuss words that's K-ci" Dalvin said pointing at K-ci.

Devante shook his head as he picked up Navy's diary and looked at it again to calm his nerves better It was something about her journal it made all of his problems go away as he read on in her diary he was captivated by her beautiful lyrics. 

Sat up in the dark for so long. Just livin' my life on my own. Then right up outta the blue, bumped into you. I was so amused by your smile, boo

Devante smiled at that whole line he knew she had something going on for herself but he didn't know It was going to be like this.

"Yes Diane? you want Devante here he is day dreaming" K-ci said giving the phone to Devante.

Devante looked up seeing K-Ci holding the phone right In his face as he sighed snatching the phone out K-Ci's hands.

"Don't be snatching the phone out my hand boy what's wrong with you" K-Ci said taking back his seat.

"Shut up you don't like it then leave my house" Devante said checking K-ci.

K-ci didn't say anything back after seeing Devante was on the phone talking to his mom so he didn't want to be disrespectful In nobody house.

"What who you talking to?" Diane said on the other end she was about to get in that boy ass.

"Oh I'm talking to Cedric mom but anyways how is everything going at the church?" Devante asked her while putting his index finger over his mouth letting the girls know do not say anything crazy while he on the phone with his mom.

His mom and father would've a fit If they knew girls was In their house with their church sons while they was gone handling things up at the church.

"Oh everything Is fine I just wanted to call and check up on you, Dalvin and Derek to see how everything was at home hope y'all staying out of trouble and not cutting up In our house with Cedric and Joel" Diane said speaking on the phone.

"No we being good I promise" Devante said sharing a smile.

"Mhm, I better not hear any stories" Diane said as Devante could tell his mom was serious.

"Stories like what mom?" Devante said raised his brow.

"Like girls coming up pregnant out of wedlock which I know nothing like that better not be going down" Diane says.

"Oh no mom trust me you don't got nothing to worry about" Devante said over the phone.

"Well ok I better get off this phone and go do what I do best I just wanted to sneak in your father office room to call you and your brothers love you" Diane said as she did this kiss noise on the phone.