Surnames

This was made by me and NoJustAbsolutelyNot combining our last fucking braincell for a this one-shot. Go check her profile and books out. She's amazing and deserves it all. This is an eight year au with Snape being alive!

"Malfoy-Potter? Potter-Malfoy?" Draco questioned aloud as he sat at his desk, where he was supposed to be writing a letter. Harry looked up from his book at Draco as he continued mumbling about their last names.

"Harry Malfoy." Draco said as he turned around to Harry.

"What's going on? Is this you trying to propose to me? Because this is not what I imagined." Harry said as he placed a piece of parchment between the pages he was reading before setting the book down.

"Of course not." Draco paused before smirking. "I'm trying to figure out what our last names should be when I propose to you."

Harry shook his head and swung his legs over the edge of the bed to sit. "When? Who's to say you'll be on one knee?" Draco simply rolled his eyes and went to sit next to Harry.

"I think based on what I've seen, I'd prefer to be the to ask." Draco said with a smile.

"Was my note not good enough for you?" Harry asked dramatically as he leaned onto the man next to him.

"It was perfect. Just not what I want as a proposal" Draco said as he moved his head to look at Harry. "'Do you like me? Yes, no, maybe.'" He recited from memory.

"You remember." Harry said while grinning.

"Of course. Kind of hard to forget when your crush asks you out in the middle of potions class." Draco said as he continued to behold the man beside him.

"You had a crush on me? How embarrassing." Harry said as he picked his book back up and laid back down on Draco's bed. "Also, I think Draco Potter would be the best." Draco gasped and laid down next to Harry. Harry placed his head onto Draco using his as a pillow while he continued to read.

"I'm not becoming a Potter. I love you but no." Draco said while running his hand through the other man's hair.

"Well, I'm not becoming a Malfoy..." Harry put his book down again and looked up at Draco. "I guess we'll have to find another solution." Draco looked down at his boyfriend and smiled.

"You know Malfoy-Potter would suit you." He said with a smile. Harry fake gasped.

"You did not just put your last name before mine. Potter-Malfoy would be better." Harry said as he lifted his head from Draco who began protesting. "Besides, lunch is starting soon. We can talk about this then." Harry got off Draco's bed and walked out of the room, followed closely by his boyfriend.

"Malfoy." Draco said jokingly as he walked next to Harry on their way to lunch.

"Potter." Harry responded.

~Time skip brought to you by gay's walking absurdly fast~

"Malfoy!"

"Potter"

"MALFOY"

"POTTER"

"NOW YOU LISTEN HERE GOLDEN-"

"NO. YOU LISTEN YOU BLOND FERRET."

Ron looked over at the two arguing, visibly concerned.

"Uh- 'mione, why are they shouting their last names...?"

Hermione giggled and simply replied "They're fighting over whose last name they're gonna use once they get married"

~Time skip brought to you by a talking Ford Focus~

"BLOODY HELL MATE." Ron shouted. Harry and Draco paused what they were doing.

Draco was currently sat on top of Harry and after an hour, they were STILL arguing. And blatantly, Ron had lost his patience... Ron looked up and started laughing at them.

"What are you laughing at Ron?" Harry questioned.

"Look at the position you're in"

The two boys looked and realized how they were positioned. Harry and Draco both flushed bright red at each other, then realized what they had been doing.

"I'm sorry dragon!!"

"I'm sorry too, darling" Then Draco leaned down to whisper something in Harry's ear. Harry shuddered at feeling Draco's breath on his neck.

Draco smirked at this then whispered "Malfoy."

Harry glared up at him and shouted "NUH UH" Ron and Hermione Facepalmed. Then the ginger spotted Severus Snape.

"Professor! Please, I know it's lunch, but could you please stop their bickering!!" Snape looked at the happy couple laid on the floor arguing over surnames and then looked at the Weasley and the Granger.

"No."

And then gave, what Ron swore to be, a delicate small smile towards Draco and Harry then walked off with his cloak trailing behind him.

Thank you again for letting me edit these two together, Hen. Hope you liked it! Also please be civil and nice in the comments. I don't think you need to be reminded as most people here are very kind. But I recently had an incident and don't want another one.

Bye!