Chapter 11

You want to end this?" Nickolai asked. The whole thing was just a ridiculous mess but he knew that his fiancée was feeling a lot of pressure. And maybe even getting cold feet.

"Not end end...but maybe we can...spend some time apart? A cool-off perhaps?"

"Lee Ann, I am too fucking old for cool-offs. It's either we're together or we aren't, there's no in-between."

"Ahh, so mas gusto mong maghiwalay tayo?"

Nick's patience was wearing thin. "I did not say that. Ikaw ang nagsabi n'yan. You've mentioned that word or implied that we take that route three times in the past two minutes."

"You are making this my fault when you did not even convince me to stay?"

"Are you being serious right now?" he asked her in disbelief. "Sa lagay na 'to ay hindi pa kita pinipigilang makipaghiwalay?"

He sighed. "This exchange is becoming absurd. I'll give you time to cool down, okay? Nagsalubong lang siguro 'yung init ng mga ulo nating dalawa. Hindi na muna kita guguluhin para makapagpahinga ka. Come to me when you're ready to talk."

He walked over to her to kiss her on the forehead. "Goodnight..." he said before he turned to leave.

Lee Ann stared at the place he vacated. The mansion felt cold and empty after he left. Suddenly, everything just seemed so petty – his outburst which she realized now was valid, the words she told him which she didn't mean, the empty threats...

Should I run after him—bakit ako? S'ya ang may kasalanan kasi s'ya ang nanigaw sa akin, she thought with resolve as she went up the stairs to her bedroom. She took a hot shower, blow-dried her hair, and then put on her nightshirt.

Marami pa tayong diskusyon, tampuhan, hindi pagkakaunawaang haharapin. Kung ito pa lang sumusuko ka na...

"Hindi man lang ako sinuyo..." she grumbled to herself.

Pero, paano ka naman n'ya susuyuin, eh, nagyaya ka nga ng break-up, di ba? Her mind mockingly told her.

"Kahit na, dapat hindi s'ya umuwi. Dapat dito na s'ya natulog..." she mumbled pouting. "Nandito na nga s'ya sa bahay ay talagang uuwi pa s'ya sa condo n'ya."

She rolled onto her back to stare at the ceiling.

That's emotional cheating, Lee Ann. Ginagawa mo s'yang third party by getting him involved...

"Am I cheating on him by continuously nurturing my friendship with Nicko?" she asked herself. But, she was upfront with Nicko and she was sure that he knew his place in Lee Ann's life. Or does he?

She checked her phone and saw Nick's countless phone calls and messages.

Where are you?

Why aren't you answering my calls?

I have not eaten dinner yet. Hinihintay kita.

Lee Ann Carbonel, where are you?!

Lee, you better be home in thirty minutes or else...

Lee Ann, nag-aalala na ako. Please pick up.

Lee, please, I am worried, where are you?

Nasaan ka ba, Lee Ann, at nang masundo na kita?

Baby, I'm sorry. Please pick up. Nag-aalala na ako.

Lee, answer your phone.

Lee Ann Carbonel, you better give me a call right now or I swear, I am going to report you missing!