A savage beast cascaded in a dark storm of fur, harsh as lighting with century old scars and a snarling wolffish head took in his surroundings like a rabid dog.

He hadn't been out in a while.

Cadence and Erisa had their weapons drawn, sticking close to Tristan whose hand was close to taking the shot.

Accalia stepped across the deck, cautioning herself to see how far she could go to reach him and Lycus's head snapped to her, canines baring.

And he came at her, furry arms ready to latch around her and take her far away from this place.

A gunshot went off and a shadow descended over Accalia, a shield in front of her.

It was Rexton, the bloodstained hybrid in search of his brothers that didn't hesitate to lurch Lycus away from Accalia.

"Enough of this!" Gabriel growled to the two, coming to the threshold of the door.

Lycus didn't take the fall and mounted on his hind legs, black eyes locking on his brother like he was an enemy.

An arm hooked around Accalia and she swayed to see Nina holding her up, jade orbs reeling in sincerity. "Accalia, are you alright?"

"What's going on with him?" Accalia questioned, puzzled. Since being scratched, Lycus was more impulsive than usual, hurting Cadence and now Rexton.

"Everything, I think," Nina responded faintly.

Rexton and Lycus came head to head.

The youngest brother made the first move and launched himself at Lycus to take him to the ground.

It was a long time coming. Every ounce of rage brewing from being held in that coffin with no one to see, no one to talk to, resurfaced in a mighty tidal wave, waiting to crush anything in its path.  

The first punch was thrown, then again and again.

Accalia searched for Gabriel and there was no hiding the disappointment worn on his face, but it was a familiar strain of disappointment.

Blood spluttered out of the beast's mouth, painting his canines red and Lycus threw Rexton off him.

No one could do anything but watch. Tala had a face stricken with anger, wanting to defend her Alpha, but she remained near the door. How could she help him when he could barely help himself?

Cadence, Tristan and Erisa leant by the tree trunks, tucking their weapons away and marvelling at the movie being performed.

In his inhuman presence, Lycus got to his feet and latched his hand around Rexton's throat, impaling his skin with claws.

Lycans, the commanders of wars and bloodshed, and the hunters, to bring forth blood and silver — that made sense. Not brother pitted against brother. Not an older brother clenching his little's brother's neck and looking ready to rip it apart.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Accalia seethed.

Lycus froze, looking over Rexton's shoulder and there it was, that fraction of humanity she got to see within him whenever he showed it. His cursed onyx eyes faded into amber, but it wasn't enough.

"You," Accalia pointed a finger at Lycus, her anger bubbling enough to want to punch him again. "Are not putting Rexton back in the coffin, you had no right to do that — I do not care what secrets you have for doing so."

Lycus bared his large canines at her, his furry chest heaving heavily and his claws slowly retracted out of Rexton's skin.

Rexton fell to his feet, catching himself and coughing for air. The claw marks healed away, but the blood remained. Despair tormented that boyish face and he stumbled back from Lycus, wiping both his eyes and neck with a shaky hand, fingers trembling against his skin.