Chapter 8: Don't cry!

Depuis le début

“You’re looking down on me too much.” Before Jiyeon could speak, she waved her hand and shooed her away.

Immediately afterward, she poured herself another glass, and as she took a bite of food, she drank a little, then repeated the two steps.

“. . . . . .”

Look how quickly she ate her own words.

The meal lasted for nearly two hours, and everyone was a little drunk after it ended.

But among all, the president was the drunkest.

Jiyeon cast her gaze over and saw that she was sitting at that same place, supporting her head and thinking about something. Her body swayed slightly from time to time.

“I’ll find a substitute driver for President Kim.” Assistant Nam sighed when she saw the situation. She took out her phone and said, “You guys should also hurry and find a substitute driver, or maybe call a family member to pick you up.”

“Alrighty.”

Everyone nodded and dizzily scrolled through their phones to make a call.

Assistant Nam swiped through her phone for a while, then stood up and walked toward their boss. “President Kim, are you able to stand up?”

“Of course,” Hyunjung answered dazedly, her eyebrows furrowing.

“It’s good you can at least stand.” Assistant Nam nodded and then informed her, “The driver will come soon, wait a bit more.”

“I probably won’t be able to go with you,” she added, “Something suddenly came up at home.”

Hyunjung seemed really drunk today.

After Assistant Nam said those few words, she still felt uneasy. She then raised her head to see if anyone lived in the same direction as the president and could go with her.

Before she could speak, Jiyeon suddenly leaned in.

“Assistant Nam,” she said, her mouth curving and voice soft, “I’ve met President Kim several times by chance near my house. I probably live near her.”

“If it seems appropriate, I can accompany President Kim home.”

There was no other choice.

Jiyeon had a smile on her face, but she was really panicking on the inside.

When the dinner was just about to end and everyone was packing up, Cho Sojung sent her the link asking her to vote again.

She also had nothing to do, so she clicked on it and voted. But just then, she noticed that Hyunjung posted another tweet at some point.

The content was very simple, it contained just one sentence—

“My drinking tolerance seems to have decreased, I’m unhappy.”

Followed by a QAQ expression.

Jiyeon was in a cold sweat.