Chapter 2. Home, At Last

Start from the beginning

He smiled softly before hearing the door creak open. His smile quickly faded before turning around, seeing Affogato put his tea on the bedside table.

"Here is your tea, My Liege. Is there anything else you need?" He asked, Dark Cacao shook his head before walking over to it.

"I'm going to continue with my work. I'll go to bed later tonight, just to let you know." He smiled as he sat at his desk, beginning to go back to the paperwork.

Dark Cacao knew what it was about, basically being new building plans and reworking on some other forms. Dark Cacao already signed the forms he needed to, but the tribal form. "I'm still waiting for a dragon to appear to claim the tribe." Affogato huffed.

He went over to the bed before he looked at his old advisor, "Should I break a piece of my souljam so you can have that Dragon. I feel bad about the whole... tribe thing..." Dark Cacao asked, looking at him.

"Oh! No, no, no. We have already made a recent discovery about a dragon." He chuckled, receiving a confused and worried look.

"Oh? How so? What is it?" He asked.

"We found an abandoned Dragon Nest, an egg still in it. It's on the closet cliff to us. We have seekers making sure it is abandoned before we get it." Affogato snickered as he looked at the papers, going through them.

"Well... it is wrong to steal a Dragon's eggs. But if it's abandoned, I'll allow it." He mumbled as he took a gulp from the tea.

Affogato looked at the King as he sat at the edge of the bed, tucking himself in.

"Sleep well, my liege." Affogato chimed as he blew out all but one candle. Making sure he could sleep perfectly well.

Dark Cacao made a groan in return as he closed his eyes, attempting to fall to sleep.

Affogato walked around the room, picking up papers, books, and pens, opening and closing drawers and just randomly pacing, muttering himself.

All of a sudden, Affogato tripped over his foot, causing him to fall over, smashing into the vial cabinet.

Dark Cacao bolted up, "Who goes there!" He snarled, picking up a dagger from the bedside table. Only to see Affogato on the floor, broken vials around him.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he got out of bed, his hair looking matted from the pillow.

"Yeah, just a small trip because of my clumsiness!" He chuckled, strawberry jam leaking down his face, a fresh cut on his forehead, going down to his brow.

He rubbed his forehead, letting out a sigh as he stared at the fresh strawberry jam, "Shit, that's going to scar..."

"Well, you have some 'battle' scars to tell your Doughlings. Those stories will be the funniest thing." Dark Cacao snickered as he picked up Affogato, putting him on the bed.

Affogato groaned as he laid down on the bed. Dark Cacao opened a cabinet and got out a bandage, tweezers, tissues, and some cream.

He took out the piece of glass with teezers. It was between Affogato's eyebrow and icing line. Placing it on a tissue.

He wiped the wound clean with the tissues, applying the cream and wrapping it with the bandages.

"There you go. Does that feel better?" He asked, binning the strawberry jam stained tissues before going to get a broom.

"Yeah, I hope it's nothing major..." He sighed, relaxing on the bed.

"Didn't look too deep. It just looked enough to scar if you were to pick the scab." He explained as he began sweeping up the broken glass.