Chapter 7: Would it kill you

Start from the beginning

After flipping through the book she brought, she felt as though it wasn’t helping all that much and turned her attention to the computer instead.

She remembered seeing it in a certain folder. There was a video of Hyunjung’s speech at the company’s year-end party, where she apparently spoke in English the entire time.

As she thought, she quickly found it.

She hurriedly put on her headset and clicked on the video. The way she listened intently was like a well-behaved elementary school student.

The video was recorded a year ago, and when it first began playing, loud noises poured into her ears. The noise lasted for more than a minute until Hyunjung stepped on the stage and silence quickly returned.

She wore a black dress that night.

The skirt was very long, with an exquisite small design made on it, which was illuminated by the light above, shining brightly.

With her long hair that cascaded down like a waterfall, her beautifully shaped eyes and eyebrows, and her delicate white collarbone, her beauty tugged every viewer’s heartstrings.

After only one look, Jiyeon’s breathing instantly stopped, and her heart even missed half a beat.

As expected of Kim Hyunjung.

She silently turned up the volume again. With her reddened ears, she listened to the speech, noting down the professional terms used.

As she studied, the office suddenly became noisy.

She didn’t know what happened and didn’t pay any attention to it. She dragged the video’s progress bar back to listen to the sentence Hyunjung said again, but even after several tries, she still couldn’t quite catch it.

Tch.

She was a little irritated, and just as she was about to drag it back to listen again, someone suddenly reached out their hand and took off her headset.

Their fingertips accidentally touched her earlobe. It felt cold and tingly.

Jiyeon was taken aback and subconsciously raised her head. Suddenly, she saw her boss, who had been on a business trip for the past few days, standing right next to her and putting the headset on herself.

After listening for a few seconds, she uttered a few words of clearly pronounced English.

Our glass beads will eventually spread to the world.

It was clearer than the video, resounding in her ears like a super stereo.

Jiyeon’s face immediately reddened.

“President Kim!” She was startled and quickly turned off the video. “You’re back already?”

“Do I need to consult you before I return?” she answered and glanced at her, taking off the headset and returning it to her.

“Continue studying,” she said, and without waiting for Jiyeon’s response, she turned around to leave with the files in her hand, her hair forming into an attractive arc. “There’s still a lot for you to learn.”

Her tone held a sense of pride that was almost imperceptible.

Before work ended, Xuanyi went to Manager Lim’s office to send a document, and when she came back, she brought good news with her.

“If you guys don’t have any plans for the evening, then don’t hurry to leave,” she said, “Manager Lim said that the matter was handled well this time. President Kim is happy and wants to invite all of us to stay for a meal.”