Chapter 4.5-6: Operation Delta

Start from the beginning

So, it was such an issue that had put Kushida in this state. While I couldn't exactly relate, I tried my best to empathize nonetheless.

"You think they were up to something?"

"I know they were up to something, and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about without me having to say it! I want you to make it go away," Kushida told me.

Kushida, while perhaps not the very best of the best, was very perceptive and smart in her own right, and specialized in human behaviour. If she said that something was wrong, it was certainly not something that could be ignored.

The assumption was that Ike, Yamauchi and Sudō had found some way to peek on the girls when they were changing. It was definitely implied through Kushida's story, so it wasn't something I needed to explicitly confirm; wording it bluntly could only cause more distress.

"I'll try my best to fix it for you, then." I spoke.

"I don't need you to 'try', I need you to do."

This was an issue that Kushida was desperate to resolve. However, it was likely impossible to ever resolve it fully, and Kushida was probably aware of this as well.

If the three actually had secretly looked into the girls' changing rooms, like Kushida thought, then some amount of damage was already done. There was nothing that could be done to erase the sight from memory now.

No, in the case of Ike, Yamauchi and Sudō, such a sight would be eternally burned into the brain itself.

That being said, though, it was a concern about whether or not the situation ended there. Peeking into the girls' changing room is one thing, but if a camera was used, the problem would be even greater than initially assumed.

And, recording it was precisely the kind of short-sighted plan, driven by lust, that the likes of Ike and Yamauchi would concoct.

If you're going to commit a crime, you should at least try not to leave any evidence behind. By capturing a video, you would bring into existence an unnecessary piece of incriminating proof.

In either case, what may have transpired is certainly a felony, and one that had a large number of the school's female student population wrapped up in it at that.

It was a matter that must be taken seriously, and so I decided to enlist the help of somebody who knew what they were doing, much more than I did.

I sent a text on my phone, and turned once again to the girl on my bed.

"I'm going to go now, then." I told her.

"Eh? You'll fix it right now?"

"It'd be no good to let Kushida worry for too long, right?"

"I see... thank you."

I gave Kushida a nod, and went to leave my room. The girl followed behind me, and as I left the dorm, I gave a signal to indicate that the coast was clear.

△▼△▼△▼△

"Ayanokōji."

At the specified meeting place, the person I'd called was already waiting for me.

"I'm sorry for calling you out here so late," I apologized.

"It's quite alright." Ryuzaki responded calmly.

My first thought was to call Light, not Ryuzaki, because I was much closer to him. In fact, of all the Class D students, Ryuzaki was the one I was most distant from.

However, this was a delicate matter that must be handled without the interference of emotions. For better or for worse, Light was someone whose sense of justice had the potential to completely take over.