008

Your POV

The cool liquid slid down my throat, soothing the small headache I had obtained from using my powers. There was no question that Jane was much more powerful than me, I mean she had been using her powers for as long as she could remember. Whenever I used mine it took a lot out of me, especially since Halloween.

I was startled by an obviously drunk Jim Hopper stumbling through the front door. He immediately heard the loud music coming from Jane's room and started making his way over. I of course jumped in, not wanting him to barge in on the two girls.

"Don't worry Jim, it's just Max. No boys at all." I said, placing my small hand on his large chest, hoping the gesture would stop him. It did as he huffed and plopped down in his recliner. "I'm assuming your date went bad."

"It wasn't a date." He sighed, his voice was slightly slurred but he seemed sober enough to be thinking rationally. Well, as rational as he of all people could get. "She didn't even show up."

"I'm sorry Jim." I apologized, taking the almost empty bottle from his hand, placing it on the kitchen table just a few feet away. "So, was the restaurant nice at lea-"

Hopper had fallen asleep quite dramatically, his limbs hanging off each side of the chair. I grabbed a blanket and laid it on top of him. I smiled before making my way back to Jane's room.

***

Max, Jane and I had created a game with a bottle and some paper. We had random names of people we knew scrawled on some index cards. The plan was to spin the bottle and whoever it lands on, we would use our powers and spy on them. Jane went first to spin, a nervous smile on her lips. The tip of the bottle landed on Mr. Wheeler.

"Mr. Wheeler." We all stayed in unison.

"Ugh, boring." Max shook her head.

"Yeah, boring." Jane agreed.

"Spin again." Max said with a laugh.

"Against the rules?" Jane asked quietly.

"We make our own rules." Max grinned.

"I like you, we really should've hung out before this." I chuckled, looking at Max. The bottle spun and came to a holt pointing at 'Billy'.

"Billy," we read out, before sharing glances with each other. Max sighed, grabbing the blindfold and radio.

"Okay, look. I should just warn you, if he's with a girl or doing something gross, just get out of there right away before you get scarred for life." Max warned worriedly.

"Max-" Jane began to comfort the redhead.

"No, I'm just saying, I'm serious, he's really gross." Max brushes her off, handing Jane the blindfold and changing the radio to make it static.

"Your brother can't be that bad," I argued, grabbing Jane's hand.

"You have no idea, N/n."

"Max!" Jane repeated, a goody smile on her face.

"Okay, shutting up now." She said, tying the blindfold around Jane's eyes. It took a few seconds, but after that we found ourselves in the familiar dark void.

The only thing standing out from the darkness was a blue car. The windshield was smashed and the headlights were still on, Jane and I walked past it, looking through the drivers seat window.

"Well Max, it looks like he got in a crash." I stated, brushing my fingers along the shiny paint of the open trunk.

"Yeah, he said he hit a tree last night." Max's voice echoed through the void.

A soft whimpering followed Max's statement, it sound like a girl.

"I found him." Jane said, as we looked and saw Billy kneeling on the ground.

"What's he doing?" Max asked.

"I don't know." The brunette whispered.

"Don't be afraid." Billy's voice flooded out ears, a tingle going up my spine.

"He's... on the floor..." Jane explained

"It'll be over soon." Billy continued

"He's talking to someone." I added. "He told them not to be afraid, that it'll be over soon."

"That what will be over soon?" Max asked, starting to panic.

"I don't know." I whispered.

"Just stay very still." Billy stood up, as the girl continued to whimper. Suddenly he turned around. And I felt that same feeling I had felt before, as if someone was standing right behind me, breathing down my neck. He looked at us, as if he could see us. A loud bloodcurdling scream filled the void. My hands shot to my ears.

My eyes shot open, and immediately I felt faint. Using my powers this much was not a smart decision. My eyelids got heavy, my breathing rigid.

"What is it? What happened?" Max asked rapidly.

I felt myself start falling, my senses going into overdrive. As soon as my face hit the mattress...

Darkness.

A/n- hey bitches, I'm back. I know it's short and ends on a cliffhanger. But you know me unreliable and selfish.