007

Your POV

Max and I danced around Jane's room, our sock clad feet bouncing on the carpeted floor. Max sang all the words to 'Angel' by Madonna. Jane, instead of dancing, sat on her bed looking through a bunch of magazines that Max had brought over.

"Full of wonder an surprise..." max mumbled, grabbing my hands in hers. She glanced at Jane and grinned. "Oh, you found Ralph Macchio~" she giggled.

"Macchio?" Jane chuckled.

"Yeah, he's the karate kid. Hai-yah!" Max yelled, hitting her hand down on the mattress. "He's so hot right? I bet he's an amazing kisser."

I crawled onto the bed, sitting bedside Jane so I could see the picture. "Very hot." I smiled.

"Calm down Y/n. You still have a boyfriend." Max scolded playfully, hopping on the bed across from Jane and I. "Speaking of boyfriends. Is Mike a good kisser?"

"I don't know." Jane said, awkwardly. "He's my first boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend." Max stated, causing Jane to look down. "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness. I guarantee he and Lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now. They're like, 'Oh, I hope they take us back' ."

"I'd kill to see their faces right now." I laughed. Before realization hit me. I turned to look at Jane to see her already looking at me.

"What is it?" Max asked.

***

The radio was making a loud static sound. Jane had a blindfold on and I had simply closed my eyes, her hand enclosed in mine. Shortly after my venture into the Upside Down, we had discovered that I could see what Jane was seeing, if I held her hand.

"Is this really gonna work?" Max asked, Jane nodded. "Holy shit, this is insane-"

"Max." Jane scolded.

"Yeah, sorry, quiet." Max stammered, causing me to laugh.

Suddenly, I felt my feet hit a cold wet substance. I looked around and noticed I was in a familiar black void. In front of me seemed to be part of The Wheeler's Basement. Mike was laying on the couch shovelling chips into his mouth, while Lucas was pacing in front of him. Will was off to the side setting up a dnd campaign.

"What did I do wrong? What could I have done wrong?" Mike's voice was muffled due to the copious amount of chips he was shoving down his throat.

"Do I have to go through this again?" Lucas sighed.

"I see them." I heard Jane's voice echo.

"What are they doing?" Max asked.

"Eating." I stated.

"I just don't understand what I did to deserve this." Mike whined.

"Nothing. Nothing. That's my whole point. You are the victim here!" Lucas said convincingly. Me and Jane walked closer getting a better look on what was going on.

"I know. It's just, why is she treating me this way? I don't know." Mike asked solemnly.

"Mike-"

"What did I do wrong!? What did I do wrong?!" Mike yelled.

"Mike stop." Lucas shushed him. "Relax. Just relax. Okay, stop asking rational questions."

"I know. I know, you're right. You're right." Mike agreed.

"Yeah."

"Because woman act on emotion and not logic." Mike declared.

"Precisely." Lucas nodded. I scoffed. "It's a totally different species."

"They say we are 'species'." Jane said confusedly.

"Assholes." I sneered.

"What?" Max asked.

"Apparently we act on emotion, not logic." I said angrily.

"What?!" Max repeated.

"Guys, it's ready." Will said turning to his friends and gesturing to the board game. His voice immediately brought a smile to my face.

"Will, not right now." Lucas groaned.

"Guys they broke up with you. What else is there to talk about!?" Will asked logically.

"Hey, don't act like your relationship is perfect." Lucas shot back.

"It is." Will stated happily.

"No. It's not." Lucas shook his head,
I furrowed my eyebrows, what the hell was that supposed to mean?

"Don't push your problems into me Lucas." Will sighed, sitting down in one of the chairs.

"Trust me, I'm not pushing. They're already there."

"Oh yeah, and what are they?" Will asked crossing his arms. It was rare that he would get angry, but in this moment he was infuriated.

"N/n controls you." Lucas said smugly.

"No... no she doesn't." Will stuttered, obviously surprised that Lucas even had a reason.

"What's going on?" Max asked.

"Lucas and Will are angry." Jane stated.

"What? Why?"

"N/n control Will." Jane continued.

"He's basically listing off the reasons Will and I's relationship 'isn't perfect'." I said monotonously.

"Yes, she does." Lucas argued. "When was the last time you hung out and did something you want to do?"

"I-"

"Or the last time you've watched your favourite movies, or listened to your favourite songs, or played your favourite games." Lucas listed.

"I like doing the stuff she likes." Will laughed with no humour in his tone.

"But you'd rather do the stuff you want."

I quickly let go of Jane's hand, my eyes peeled open while she slowly pulled off her blindfold.

"I'm gonna go get some water." I said, standing up.

"Okay..." Max dragged on, not sure why I was so rushed.

"I'll be right back."