003

Your POV

I had found myself tired within the first 5 minutes of climbing the hill, and thankfully I was able to use the whole 'I saved the world last week' excuse to convince Dustin to give me a piggyback ride.

"You're lucky you're my best friend," Dustin sighed, readjusting me on his back.

"Yes, yes I am." I stated, resting my head on the back of his.

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas complained.

"Cerebro works best at a hundred meters," Dustin said.

"Can't you just pick up a phone instead?" Max pointed out.

"I would, but Suzie's Mormon." He replied.

"Oh shit, she doesn't have electricity?!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Nah man, that's the Amish," I corrected.

"What are Mormons?" Will asked.

"Super religious white people, they have electricity and cars and stuff, but I'm not Mormon so her parents would never approve." Dustin explained, "it's all a bit Shakespearean."

"Shakespearean?" Max asked.

"Yeah, Like Romeo and Juliet."

"Right." She agreed.

"Star crossed lovers," Dustin continued.

"I got it," Max urged.

"Hey Guys! This is fun and all, but uh..." Mike yelled pointing to his watch.

"I have to go home," Jane said.

"But we're almost at the top!" Dustin said whipping around, causing me to stumble off his back only to be stabilized by Will.

"Sorry man curfew!" He replied, turning and mumbling something to Jane.

"Good luck!" She yelled before turning and running away.

"Why don't you have to go?" Dustin asked me.

"Because they're lying. My pure Jane is lying." I mumbled angrily. Will, who had wrapped an arm around me, squeezed my shoulder comfortingly.

"They've been doing this all summer." Lucas stared.

"It's romantic," Max decided.

"It's gross," Will cringed.

"It's aggravating," I growled.

"It's bullshit." Dustin muttered. "I just got home... well their loss right? Onwards and upwards, Suzie awaits."

We all groaned and turned around continuing up the hill, all slightly upset by Mike and Jane.

Another chill when up my neck. Maybe I'm getting a cold.

"Will, come on!" I called, noticing he was falling behind. He quickly ran up the hill, making it to my side.

***

We finally made it to the top of the hill, most of us had sweat rings on our shirts and were panting lightly.

"We made it." Dustin breathed.

"Yeah only took ten hours." Max exaggerated.

"You, Mister, are buying me a bowl of ice cream." I sighed, flopping down onto the grass.

"Why couldn't we just play dnd," Will said faintly.

"I'm so thirsty," Lucas whispered, pulling out an army flask from his bag. He started to chug it while Max and I stared in disgust. He pulled it away from his face, whipping his mouth with the back of his hand.