introduction

THE GREAT WAR
daughter of dewey riley x scream franchise
book 2 of ???

THE EXTENDED SUMMARY.

IT HAS BEEN A YEAR SINCE THE DEATHS OF TATUM'S FATHER, DEWEY RILEY, AND HER BOYFRIEND, WES HICKS. and her boyfriend's mom. and her best friend's older brother, vince. and those cops trying to protect tara carpenter. and since tara carpenter almost was brutally murdered. and since tatum found out that her best friend, amber freeman, did all of these brutal killings because she thought it's what tatum would want. but all of that happened a whole year ago, in woodsboro, and so it is in the past now. all their deaths are last year's events, and tatum needed to do a couple of things before she was able to begin her new start.

after graduating from high school, she went to court to legally change her name from 'tatum riley-weathers' to 'tatum riley junior', which is the name that her father had confessed he originally wanted for her, but her mother insisted on having the '-weathers' part too. that was out of her way-she was now free of gale weathers almost entirely. she didn't want to leave woodsboro-not entirely-but she knew that in order to get to where she wanted to be in life, she would need to leave the bird's nest.

so leave the bird's nest she did, along with the rest of her flock. they took to the skies and flew all the way to new york city, where just about all of them now attend blackmore university. despite her grief making her want to curl up and sob for days on end, tatum is doing her very best to focus on majoring in criminal justice, while also trying to move on and embrace her new life in front of her. with a couple of new friends and plenty of old ones still around, it's not the most difficult thing in the world (she's lucky enough to have a support system in the way she does), there are still nights where she will find herself unable to close her eyes, for every time she does, she's back in that hospital, with her father less than a yard away from her, dying, screaming in pain as his guts are mixed with the blood pouring out of his body...

but she's better now. she's healed near completion-or at least, that's what the last riley standing is able to tell herself. there's good days and there's bad days, but those bad days are made better by a reminiscing moment or two with simon [redacted], one of dewey's old friends, and a survivor of the original murder spree back in 1996. tatum's nerve damage is the exact same as what dewey's had been after the first attacks, and simon is one of the only ones who is truly able to help her through it. he understands what she doesn't understand, and is there not only as an old friend of her father's, but a man who is truly ready to be the man that tatum needs in her life. to be a father figure, maybe even slightly possibly.

but everything came crashing down the week of halloween, when a new ghostface popped up again. three opening murders instead of one, this time, which is plain old unheard of. whoever these new killers are, they're a different type of dangerous than all the others, but this time, so is tatum. the revenge of a grieving daughter made her ready to face any new ghostfaces that may pop up along the way. as dangerous as these new killers are, is tatum riley jr more dangerous? only time will tell, and they're all running out.

SLOANE SPEAKS: guess who's back, back again (tatum's back, tell a friend)!!!! i know i'm gonna say it a million times more, but i am beyond excited to be writing tatum into the incredible movie that is scream 6. but please be mindful of some things: this is a HORROR franchise, and so all the things you usually see in the scream franchise (the violence, the parties, etc) will all be happening in this book. you know the memo by now, but if there's anything super bad that comes up in any chapter, i will be sure to put a trigger warning first.

STARTED: march 10th, 2023
FINISHED: ???