Why Is Love So Complicated?

Start from the beginning

"Are you ok? They didn't hurt you did they?"

"N-no! Nothing like th-that! They just saw I w-was looking at them earlier and th-they wanted to know if I-I wanted to tell them s-something." Blackberry Pie managed to get out. She was nervous beyond belief, but something about Choco Ball calmed her down enough to get out her words

"Hm, well. Let me know if they bother you again, alright?" Choco Ball said.

"A-alright..." Blackberry Pie replied. Before leaving, Choco Ball gave her a small wink, making Blackberry Pie's heart threaten to burst right out her chest.

"Blackberry! I saw the whole thing!" Castella said, carrying her lunch over to the table and sitting right next to Blackberry Pie. "I told you you'd be able to talk to them!"

"Wait, that really just happened?" Blackberry Pie replied softly, still haven't had processed the whole thing yet. Once it did, her entire face turned red.

"Ehhh?!?!?! Holy Ancients, this can't be happening can it? It's too good to be true..."

"It sure is true, they both really just talked to you! What did they say by the way?"

"Well, Pineapple saw me staring at them and came to interrogate me about what I wanted to potentially say to them, and then Choco Ball came to tell them to stop picking on me probably mistaking my flusteredness for uncomfort and, aaaaggg!" Blackberry Pie let her head fall onto the table. "I think I'm gonna pass away now, goodbye world."

"Hold up Blackberry, you can die on me yet. This is only the start of your first real crush. Plus, you're a Magical Cookie as well! You have to be there to beat up bad guys that attack the city! Now come on, let's just eat. We could have a sleepover tonight and watch some movies if you want!"

"That sounds good, thanks Caste."

"No problem!"

[That afternoon, after school]

Blackberry Pie groaned as she laid face down on her bed, clutching into her pillow, replaying her interactions at lunch for the fifth time today.

Did that really happen? Did she really somewhat talk to both Choco Ball AND Pineapple at almost the same time? It all felt so surreal to her, she just wanted to pinch herself to see if she was dreaming.

As she replayed the scene again, Blackberry Pie sighed heavily, turning onto her side. Her feelings were overwhelming her, and she couldn't go for 4 minutes without thinking of at least either one of the two.

Was this what love truly felt like? Everyone always said it was such a wonderful feeling, so why did it feel like it was suffocating her?

As much as Blackberry Pie wanted to rant about her feelings, she knew she couldn't text Castella now. She said she was busy and wouldn't be able to text for a few hours, and by that time they'll have their sleepover. She sighed again, was there anyone else that she could rant to?

Blackberry Pie shifted in her bed again. As she did, she caught sight of her magical headphones.

(Of course.) She thought to herself. (I'm a Magical Cookie now, one with over 10,000 subscribers on CookieTube. I could do a song cover to get all my feelings out to a wide audience without giving away who I really am!)

Blackberry Pie quickly got out her phone and scrolled through her playlist, trying to find a song that reflected her feelings well. Eventually, she settled on Heart Attack.

Now ready to start setting up, Blackberry Pie picked up her magical headphones and put them on, transforming into Blueberry Kitty Cookie. She quickly started to get everything ready. Once she was ready, she pressed 'record', turned on the music, and started to sing.