Why Is Love So Complicated?

Blackberry Pie was sitting in her seat, her gaze shifting between the two new students. She knew without anyone telling her that her cheeks were bright pink.

It's been a few weeks since they transferred, but Blackberry Pie's feelings hadn't started to fade away. If anything, they've only gotten stronger.

She couldn't help but think about the two. Wether it be Choco Ball's bright, friendly personality or Pineapple's quiet mysteriousness, Blackberry Pie always found her mind wandering to those two, and every time her heart started racing. It made part of her wonder, was this what being in love was truly like?

Realizing her constant staring might come off as creepy, Blackberry Pie took out her phone to browse the internet, hoping she could take her mind off the two.

Going onto CookieTube, she saw that Raisin Bun Cookie and Cream Unicorn Cookie both posted new videos. Blackberry Pie smiled as she tapped Raisin Bun's video. The more and more she watched videos and read articles on Raisin Bun Cookie, the more she was becoming a Buncrow, Raisin Bun's official fandom name.

Blackberry Pie chose her newest video and started watching, unaware that Castella was heading towards her.

"Hey Blackberry! How's it going?" Castella asked, jump scaring Blackberry Pie.

"Holy, don't scare me like that Caste!" Blackberry Pie replied. "And, I'm doing just the same."

"Still crushing over them?"

"*sigh* Yeah. No matter how long it's been, my crush is just not going away."

"I still think you just have to go and talk to them. Not even confess just become close enough for you to become friends with either of them. Then maybe your feelings will start to become something more platonic."

"Off the table, I am not gonna embarrass myself in front of them."

"You won't! Just trust me!"

"Caste, I just can't ok? What would I even say to them? I'll just end up looking like an idiot..."

"Hm, oh! The teacher's coming! We'll talk more at lunch ok?"

"Sounds good."

[At lunch]

(Damn, Caste's late. Is the line for lunch really that long?) Blackberry Pie thought. It had been about 7 minutes since Castella left her to buy some lunch, and she still wasn't back yet. Part of her was worried, but she was almost sure it was because of a long line.

"Hey, you. With the purple hair." Blackberry Pie heard someone say behind her. She turned her head around only to see Pineapple Cookie standing above her.

"M-me?" Blackberry Pie asked as she pointed to herself, her cheeks flushing red.

"Yeah, you were staring at me were you not?" Pineapple slammed their hand on the table next to Blackberry Pie. "Spit it out, you have something to tell me don't you?"

"Uh, well. I-I." Blackberry Pie stuttered. Pineapple was so close, and their intimidating presence was so overwhelming. It terrified her, but she also felt a weird sort of pleasure. Like she wanted them to not leave and also wished for a bit of something more.

"Go ahead, if you have something to say, say it."

"Whoa, hey! Stop picking on her like that!" A somewhat familiar voice called to them. Both Blackberry Pie and Pineapple turned their heads to see Choco Ball Cookie, and Blackberry Pie blushed even harder.

"Tch, fine." Before leaving, Pineapple turned back to Blackberry Pie. "You can keep your little secret for now, but don't expect me to let you go this easily if I catch you staring again." Pineapple lifted their hand from the table and walked away, leading Choco Ball to walk up to Blackberry Pie.