Sophos tree

As we reached the end of the meadow, the grass.. it was green! So was the trees around us. It was so beautiful. There were flowers in many colours and little birds were peacefully flying and squirrels eating nuts fallen from the beautiful thin trees. "Hey there's Ivy!" Pointed out Aidan. I looked back and saw Ivy with Misty.. but something was wrong. Where was tomte? Me and Aidan hold on to melody and walked towards her. She was sobbing hugging misty. "Ivy what's wrong..?" I asked. She wiped her tears and tried to stop crying. "Where's tomte?" Asked Aidan. Tears were flowing in Ivys eyes. I knew from the look on Ivy that tomte is gone, so did Aidan. "If only I went with tomte... things could have been better. This is all my fault" cried out Aidan as he walked away. I called him "next is the sophos tree, he will know our answers" Aidan climbed on misty with Rio while me and Ivy got on melody. We silently walked towards the sophos tree then Ivy finally said "he wanted me to tell you, that he is grateful that you all are his friends" we all smiled.

We arrived finally the sophos tree, it was very tall, with beautiful flowers on its green leafs, the bark had a beautiful brown colour. "You have finally arrived" said a grand voice. "Answer these three riddles correctly, then each of you will get three chances to ask questions" we all nodded

Sophos tree: Give me food, and I will live.
Give me water, and I will die.
What am I?
Aidan: fire!

Sophos tree: My rings are not of gold, but I
get more as I get old. What am I?
Me: a tree.

Sophos tree: What falls but never breaks?
What breaks but never falls?
Ivy: day and night!!

The sophos tree kindly said "you passed, you may now ask"