ஆதியும் அந்தமும் நீ - You Are My Beginning & End

15 September, 2022

10.30pm

Rani Meiyammai Hall, Chennai

The moon was emitting its artificial luminosity in the dark sky accompanied by the uncountable stars. The hall was full of chaos. The elderly people sitting and gossiping in rounds. The middle-aged men were walking up and down with no work to do. The middle-aged women were using their censor fixed eyes to locate any budding couple. The youngsters were not yet done with their selfie and candid photo sessions. The young moms were running behind their kiddos trying to feed them. The young children were slowly getting tired of running. Stage men were removing the decorations to redecorate it for the next day. The photographers and videographers were busy with checking the photos and videos right after their dinner.

When the entire hall was busily indulged in preparing for the marriage next day, there he stood in the depth of darkness. Just like the busy hall, his brain was actively working contemplating about the changes that he would be facing from the next day onwards. From tomorrow, he would no more be a bachelor. He was extremely drained out and was looking for some opportunity to sneak out to get his mind set and relax himself by speaking with her.

Just like hearing his inner voice, she slowly climbed the staircase and patted his shoulders in a way of announcing her entry.

"NP"

NP turned to look at the girl in front of him. To say she was tired was an understatement. She looked emotionally and mentally drained.

"Vaa Teja"

"Hmmm"

"Intha 3 months la ellam maariduchula." He voiced out sub consciously.

"Hmm aama" she replied.

"Neraya changes, important decisions, breaks athu ithu nu ellam oru mathiri takkunu nadanthruchu."

"Aama, ivlo seekram ellame maarum nu naan expect pannala."

"Naanum than Teja. Intha oru situation la ivlo seekram namma nippom nu naan konjam kooda expect pannave illa."

"Yah. Namma love story ah nenachi paatha ippovum oru smile varudhula." She said reminiscing good old days, when they enjoyed their life in college and had a perfect balance between love and studies.

"Aama...Athu ipdi mudiyum nu naan expect panla" He became silent with it.

2017

Loyola College, Chennai

It was the first day of college. Each student had one unsaid story behind them and a dream that they wanted to show it to world. Two among those thousands of souls were Narendra Prasath and Teja Venkatesh.

It was a spark for both on the very first day of college which slowly blossomed into love. When they finally proposed it was already the end of 2nd year.

They never left any chance to be with each other on any occasion. The final year was the best for them as a beautiful and lovey-dovey couple in college.

Present

"Namma first meet nyaabagam irukka NP?"

"Haaa, atha epdi marappen, white top with multi colour pant and shawl la. Cute ah irundha. Appove vizhundhutten, minnal vettuchu, bulb erinjichu nu lam illa. But some sort of immediate attraction, crush nu kooda sollalam."

"Nee oru yellow pastel shirt with dark brown pants, andha straight hair forehead ah light ah cover panni, id card ah vachi vilayandutte irundha."

"Itha pathi pesrathellam oru feel la Teja. Ippokooda antha life ku poidalam pola irukku. Inimel munna mathiri namalaala irukka mudiyuma nu therla la. Vidinja kalyanam, married life, different roles. Nammalaala pesa kooda mudiyaathu perusa."