4~ Introductions

Chapter 3

~George’s POV~

We are ushered into the castle by…butlers? Isn’t that a bit old fashioned? Then I remind myself that this place has been standing for thousands of years.

We stand in the main room for a while until a pretty lady in her thirties comes down the stairs.

‘Mother,’ my mum gushes.

Mother? That means that lady is my grandmother? That is weird? She looks so young.

‘Natalie, George, meet your grandmother,’ mum says.

‘Call me Faye, grandma makes me sound old, I’m only a few hundred years old.’

I bite back a laugh.

Mum gives me a look.

I shrug.

‘Ok follow me, the Enea clan has arrived, they’re waiting upstairs,’ Grandma Faye says before walking back up the stairs.

‘Who is Enea?’ Natalie takes the words right out of my mouth.

‘They will be your …how do we put this… acquaintances? For any upcoming … events,’ my mother says.

Faye leads us to a room, there is a boy and a girl that look the same age as me and Nat and the other people who I assume are their parents; they are all sitting on two couches.

‘Please sit.’

I take a seat with Natalie, while my parents take a seat together and Faye takes the big seat.

‘Everyone, as you already know, the Castrenze family has risen again, and this is why you have all been called here,’ Faye starts.

Everyone nods.

‘We have joined in Italy to train the new generation for any upcoming events,’ she waves to Nat, me and the boy and girl.

‘Vi, Gal, Dom and Ella, you are free to leave, I have to speak to these young ones.’

The grownups get up to leave.

Faye takes a seat on one of the empty couches.

‘Everyone I would like us to meet each other, since the 4 of you will be going through tough time together, Natalino Bellissima Fabio Calcedonio,’ Nat smiled. ‘Georgio Protenzia Fabio Calcedonio,’ I nodded. ‘Luka Milvio Enea Calcedonio,’ the guy nod. ‘Rosalia Dea Enea Calcedonio,’ the girl smiles showing cute dimples, wow she is cute.

Faye smiles, ‘I think I’ll leave the 4 of you to get to know each other,’ she gets up and leaves.

‘You idiot, I can hear your thoughts,’ I hear someone say in my head, Natalie I think.

‘Can she?’ I ask worriedly.

‘I don’t think so; remember what mum and dad said? The thoughts have to unguarded, and you can hear then if you want the other person to hear you, and something else that I have discovered, it’s easier to hear someone’s thoughts when you are touching them.’

‘Interesting, you know I really like her, she’s really cute,’ I admit to Nat.

Nat laughs in her head, ‘I figured that.’