X

[A/N: I will write a spicy chapter eventually, I'm just not feeling it right now.]

Calvin slowly made his way up the stairs, the family weren't home which was probably a good sign.
"Didn't break anything did you?" The vampire jumped at the sound of someone's voice.
"Jacob." Calvin tried to fix his messy hair. "Why are you here?"
"I basically live here now." He shrugged. "I was going to ask if you were going hunting with the rest...but, you were busy."
"You didn't hear anything, right?"
"Oh, just enough." Jacob smirked.
Calvin chuckled under his breath, trying to play it off. If he could blush, he would.
"So, you haven't..." Jacob started.
"Of course I have." Calvin snapped. "Just...not in a few years."
"How long is a few years?"
"Okay, fine. Not since Valarie."
"I'm sorry, that wasn't cool."
"It's fine, I just didn't see the point." Calvin shrugged. "Not until Rose."
"Chester is out hunting."
"Already?"
Jacob nodded slowly.
"Turns out, he has more control than we thought."
"What does that mean?"
"Your son is a shifter."

Rosalie made her way upstairs, tugging at Calvin's shirt that she slipped on. She watched as her mate paced in front of Jacob, tugging at his hair in distress.
"What's going on?" She frowned. "What did you say to him?"
Suddenly, Rosalie was by Calvin's side. Arm wrapped around him tightly so he would stop with the pacing.
"I'm trying to explain Chester's abilities."
"You said he was a shifter!" Calvin yelled.
"That's the only way to describe it!"
"Jacob, you better start talking." Rosalie glared. "You still aren't my favorite person in this house."
"Didn't say I wanted to be, blondie." Jacob scoffed.
"Do you want me to explain why your body is on the ground?" Calvin snarled.
"Calvin." Rosalie placed her hands on his cheeks. "Sit down."
Calvin instantly obeyed, Rosalie took a seat on his lap in hopes that it might hold him down if he decided to snap.
"He can change form." Jacob frowned. "To be honest, it freaked me out."
"Change into what?" Rosalie frowned.
"Anything, as long as he sees it I suppose."
"How did you find out?" Calvin mumbled.
"While you two were...busy let's call it, the family were leaving and I thought I was seeing double." The wolf smirked. "Two Jaspers, that was a good one."
"Is there anything else I don't know about my own son?"
"I don't know, talk to him."

The three of them turned their attention to the returning family. Calvin and Chester stared at each other intensely. Rosalie slowly stood up.
"Go talk to him." She whispered.
Calvin nodded, gesturing for his son to follow him back outside.

The two of them stood on the tree branch, admiring the view.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there." Calvin finally spoke.
"You couldn't help it."
"I wanted to be there, even watching...Aro told me it would cause chaos."
"I know you killed my mom."
Calvin turned his head slowly, watching his son stare out blankly.
"I'm not angry, I'm hurt obviously...but she wasn't the same person." Chester frowned. "She...she wasn't my mom in the end."
"What did Aro do to her?"
"Conditioned her to think the way they all did, humans mean danger so we should kill them while we have the chance, the Volturi are in power, the Cullen's shouldn't be trusted."
"Why didn't you think like that?"
"I just knew something wasn't right, I didn't enjoy killing people." Chester finally looked at his father. "It wasn't right."
"I'm sorry, that I had to kill your mother."
"I forgive you, dad."
The two embraced, holding on tightly as if they might never see each other again.

"Pensacola?" Calvin frowned at Carlisle.
"We have to move out of Forks, before anyone gets suspicious." Esme held onto her husband. "You're welcome to stay here."
"Chester could go to school with us." Rosalie held onto Calvin's arm. "We'd keep him safe."
"What do you think, son?"
"I want to go to school." Chester beemed happily.
At that moment, he had no choice but to agree. If this was better for all of them then they may as well move to another rainy, dull area.

It didn't take long for the clan to pack up and leave, the house in Forks would always be there if they needed it again and with the way the family were, they knew they would return someday. Chester was excited to start an education, wouldn't stop talking about how different things would be this time and in a new era, all the things he'd learn. Calvin could practically feel his head exploding.
"He's excited." Rosalie smiled. "Aren't you?"
"I'm not going to school." Calvin laughed. "I'm going straight to work."
"And how do you plan on doing that?"
"Oh please, I know how to work." He crossed his arms over his chest. "Back in my day, you walked into a place, started working and got the job."
"Back in your day, people used too much hair product and back in your day was decades ago." Rosalie teased, running her fingers through her mates hair.
"Right, so how do you suggest I get a job?"
"I'm sure we could butter Carlisle up and ask him to get you another bar."
Calvin wrapped his arms around the blonde, pulling her tighter against his body which made her giggle.
"Don't threaten me with a good time."
"All you have to do is ask nicely."

The family packed the last of their belongings, minus furniture into the cars. Jacob smiled, walking towards them.
"Lucky for us, the Pensacola pack are welcoming of vamps."
"There's a surprise." Calvin muttered. "You aren't riding with us, right?"
"Well, Bella and Edward said it might be nice to have some space from Nessie."
"Better buckle up then, kid." Calvin grinned. "I haven't drove a car since the fifties."
"Wait, blondie isn't driving?"
"And deprive him of speeding?" Rosalie smirked. "I couldn't."