a cloud tens of meters high.

It took nearly ten minutes for the dust to settle completely. In the center of the competition field, a deep pit several hundred meters in diameter was created. The dark blue mecha lay pressed against the ground, struggling weakly before its lights dimmed.

A strange silence pervaded the air, leaving everyone speechless in astonishment as they witnessed this ghostly scene.

Ethan shouted, "Impossible! It can't be!" But no one paid him any attention.

The director of a military academy was the first to react, standing up and applauding. Applause erupted from all directions. Whether people wanted to admit it or not, Victor had won!

On the screen, Victor's face was handsome and indifferent.

The awards ceremony was even more lively than the mecha competition itself.

Victor gracefully and confidently responded to questions and invitations from various influential figures. Everyone praised this orphan, almost forgetting Carroll, who was once hailed as "the mecha genius."

Carol, Ethan, and Gu Yize sat together, their expressions filled with ugliness.

Victor approached Gu Yiling's side, and Gu Yiling smiled, saying, "Congratulations."

"Without you, Victor wouldn't be here today." Victor wanted to say more to Gu Yiling, but someone came to urge him to give a speech, so he leaned close to Gu Yiling's ear and whispered, "I'll wait for you. I have a surprise for you." Then he followed the person onto the stage.

Victor stood on the stage, displaying a graceful and dignified smile. He no longer seemed as gloomy as when Gu Yiling first saw him. Gu Yiling had never thought he could be so handsome.

Victor's tea-blond hair, which used to almost cover his eyes, was now cut short, revealing a golden light that seemed to flow under the spotlight. His eyebrows were raised, his lips curved into a smile, and his golden eyes shone with charm. Even wearing the same school uniform as other alphas, his tall figure stood out.

Gu Yiling thought to himself, "Not because of me, but because you should naturally shine so brilliantly, standing under the light."

Gu Yiling noticed that some betas and omegas were casting shy glances at him, somewhat enticing him. At this moment, he desired Victor intensely, and he naturally felt displeased with others' voyeuristic gazes.

When the applause subsided, Victor spoke, "I won't say much. I'm standing here just to clear my name. Please watch a video."

Everyone looked at the screen in confusion, and someone exclaimed, "Ah, it's Ethan."

The video depicted an underground garage, dimly lit yet still revealing Ethan's figure. He held a toolbox, ran beneath a maglev train, and tapped it for ten minutes. Afterward, he wiped the cold sweat from his forehead, revealed a twisted smile, and swiftly departed.

Confusion filled the room, but Ethan's eyes betrayed a hint of panic as he clutched the armrest of his chair.

Victor spoke sarcastically, "This video features our omega chief, Ethan, before he joined the Gu family. He manipulated his biological parents' car to create the illusion of their unexpected deaths. His goal was to eliminate his incompetent parents and enter the Gu family."

"You're spouting nonsense! What evidence do you have? This video alone doesn't prove anything!" Ethan's voice trembled with fear, yet he stood up to defend himself.

He couldn't admit it! He wanted to replace the foolish Gu Yiling as the Gu family's omega, become Carroll's lover, and marry him! He yearned for a life of luxury, where everyone would pamper and praise him. He didn't

want to return to that humble home. His father was an incompetent, fading noble, and his mother was a common housewife. Even buying a few thousand star coins required careful consideration. He had had enough of that life and would never go back!

Carol comforted Ethan, holding his hand and saying, "Ethan isn't that kind of person. This video doesn't prove anything. What evidence do you have?"

Gu Yize echoed, "That's right. Be careful; we might sue you for defamation."

The lobby erupted in a commotion. Some found it hard to believe, some comforted Ethan, some scolded Victor, and some relished in the situation. Many influential individuals were present, and if Victor couldn't provide a satisfactory explanation in the end, he would face severe consequences.

Victor coldly glanced at the three of them, treating them like three clowns performing on a tightrope. "A few months ago, I helped an old man from out of town. He claimed to be Ethan's family butler. He sensed something amiss after the master's death, so I checked the surveillance videos and dash cam footage, which revealed Ethan's actions."

Victor paused, savoring the increasingly ugly expression on Ethan's face with a wicked delight, and continued, "Ethan feared that the old butler would expose him, so he paid someone to hunt him down. The old butler fled for his life. He handed me the evidence, hoping I would make it public before he left."

Gu Yiling was surprised. Was this part of the original plot? No wonder Victor was one of the few alphas in his previous life who disliked Ethan. From the very beginning, he saw through Ethan's true nature.

Moreover, in the previous life, the original owner and Victor had no interactions, so Victor probably didn't reveal this evidence due to the male protagonist's power and his embarrassing identity at school. But Gu Yiling understood Victor's character—he would never betray his conscience. It's likely that by the time he had the means to expose Ethan, the male protagonist had already removed him, and this evidence remained submerged forever.

"I have already handed over both pieces of evidence to the police. The dash cam captured everything, providing conclusive proof. Let the police handle the rest."

Ethan slumped to the ground, resembling a puppet with its strings cut, devoid of any spirit.

Victor cast a cold glance at him and said, "You defend a murderer while harming an innocent person."

The classmates fell silent, knowing exactly who Victor referred to as the "murderer" and the "innocent person." Some individuals began looking at Gu Yiling with guilt in their eyes.

Victor snorted disdainfully and left the hall, with his arm around Gu Yiling's shoulder, clearly expressing his support and protection.