31: A Lesson

One thing I learned about Winter was that she had an awful lot of self-control for someone who seemed so... unrestrained. Years of knowing her, I had always seen her as the type who would not take a pause and think of the consequences of her actions — she was a cunning individual who would do anything to get what she wants, after all.

               So, when I purposely provoked her earlier when things got a little heated, the last thing on my mind was she, biting down on her lower lip before pulling herself back to separate herself from our previous intimate position.

                The conversation that came after was so... unexpected — so out of my character, and it never fail to heat up my face every time I was reminded  of it.           

               “Don’t you do that...” she let out throatily. “That’s just unfair...”

               I pulled my lips to a smirk; my index finger tracing her exposed chest sensually. “How is that unfair, huh?”

               “Because you are just teasing.” She grabbed my hand, stopping my movements before meeting my gaze. “You don’t seriously want us to do something beyond kissing inside the school premises.”

                Ah, she knew me too well, alright.

               “How can you be so sure?” I asked, challenging. “I could not be teasing right now.”

               She briefly stared at me.

               Calculating.

               Inquisitive.

               Then she was backing away.

               “I believe it is almost time for your club’s performance,” she said monotonously while walking back to her swivel chair. “I’ll be there.”

               Ah, what a bummer.

               And here I thought I’d finally see her break.

               “I’ll be waiting for you then.”

               Now that I think about it, I wonder if she would let herself lose control if I took the initiative to do something... more back there.

               ...would she?

               Well, that was a question that wasn’t going to answer itself. I had to do something if I wanted to know.

               On another note, I received a message from her earlier saying that she had already finished the bento and that it was really delicious — which was probably just a lie to protect my feelings — and I should cook for her more often if it wasn’t a bother. In return, she’d cook for me as well.

               Of course, I took her up on her offer right away. There was no way I would pass on her food that tasted like which were served only in five star restaurants.

               Also, I figured it would be great to eat real food than to settle for fast food which she previously deemed as unhealthy and a waste of money.

               I made a mental note to tone down my consumption of McDonald's whenever I would pull an all-nighter.

               Surely, she wouldn’t mind the coffee, no?