Discussions

Maya had looked how Riley sat on the opposite side of her at the bay window. Yes. Maya and Riley were in fact best friends and it would have made a lot of sense for Maya to actually talk to Riley about everything regarding her past with her father and her current issues with Josh. But that was also the thing. She didn't want to talk about anything that Riley wanted to hear. But at that moment Maya wasn't at all thinking of her best friend even if she sat in front of her.

What Maya was thinking about at that moment was the previous interaction she had just experienced with Josh. Feeling him close to her, feeling his heart beating just like hers, but knowing she will never be able to have him. And that made Maya think deeply.

"Do you think it's compulsory to go to Miami?" Maya asked as Riley looked at her best friend while she had gone through some of her dresses.

"You just heard Daddy. You know that you have to go," Riley said as she saw how Josh stood by the door.

"Really trying to get out of it?" Josh asked as Maya looked at him.

"Do you really think it's a smart idea for you and me together for the summer after everything? With all our baggage?" Maya asked.

"We need to face it eventually," Josh said.

"Well, I didn't want to do it this way. I probably have to go and pack," Maya said as she had disappeared through the window.

"She's right, you know. Doing all of that in Miami might end up as a disaster," Riley said.

"Tell that to your father."