Chapter 14 {bargains }

"Linny please get your elbow off the table and CHEW your food before you speak!".

Dinner was hectic, that's the least I can say.

" fuck off old man and let me eat in peace" Linny snapped back at makye.

I groaned as my father and sister continued to banter

" hey, you okay about what happened earlier?" Asked atlas looking concerned.

"Yeah, she was an interesting one I'll give you that" I replied.

" she drove my dad crazy, kept asking to marry me," he said laughing.

" ATLAS you'll choke, eat properly" yelled the chef from across the table.

I stared in disbelief, it was like a regular loud family. It was nice in a way.

" that must of been traumatic, why didn't your dad imprison her?" I asked. I had no appetite, the incident left me feeling unsettled.

" that's the thing, I honestly think my dad used to have a thing with her hence why he let it go so many times," he said shocked at his own words.

I laughed, talking to atlas was amazing most of the time. Expect when my dad would give us disapproving glances.

" why were you talking to her in the hall before atlas, if you wanted to avoid her?" I winced at my own words, not knowing how'd he take it.

" she came out of nowhere grey, I swear. One minute I was looking over papers and the next she's there making all sorts of remarks" he said looking disgusted.

I felt an urge to change the subject, feeling uncomfortable talking about her.

Even though I brought it up.

" how long have you lived here lassy," I said with a sneaky smile.

He looked at me and put his forehead on mine.

" what's with the nickname grey, lassy is what you'd call a girl," he said mischievously.

" like I said I can call you whatever I want" I replied, poking my tongue at him.

" you know I love y'all but I'm eating so cut off your hormones for a sec would ya !" Yelled Linny. She made a gagging face and smiled.

" maya any news on your abilities yet?" My father asked.

The table went silent and the few people there brought their attention to me.

"Yes father there is some, I made a plant grow 20x its normal size," I said looking at my plate.

" ah earth abilities, that will be useful. Try and work on other elements or maybe more of the mind-compelling ones" he said, turning his attention back to his food.

" wait you haven't figured it out yet?" Linny asked

" not fully, no," I said with a small smile.

She returned the smile and looked away. " I learned some on earth, only small things though," she said.

I hovered her hand over her plate and it drifted from the table to hovering in the air. I stared at her, I couldn't help but feel jealous.

I moved back quickly as the plate set on fire, Linny seemed unfazed. He lifted her over hand over as the flames disappeared and the plate returned to its normal spot.

The food seem fine as if it wasn't on fire.

" impressive, they much have taught you well taking into account that you could do this at your age" father said with a nod of approval.

I smiled at her, " you're going to be tough competition Lin, I look forward to it" I said trying to be supportive.

" I don't want to be in constant competition with you but I'll take it the compliment it was meant to be," she said smiling nervously.

I sighed and played with my fork, " can I be dismissed, I'm not hungry" I asked.

" yes, go ahead," my father said still putting all his attention on his plate.

I got up and walked out of the room.

It was loud in there.

" sissyyyy, wait !" Linny yelled, she came before me and smiled.

" I'm bored and you dress like a nun so whether you like it or not, I'm going to fix it" she Chirped.

She energetically grabbed my hand and pulled me to my room.

_____

" see! You do have hot clothes in here" Lin yelled as she threw clothes out of my drawers.

I sat on the bed and sighed, " if I do this, will you show me how to use fire?" I bargained with her.

" Sure, I don't know if I'll help but it's worth a try!" She said happily.

She threw clothes on me and smiled in satisfaction.

" GO, put those on will you," she said, trying to act formal.

I chuckled and walked to the bathroom.

I for once have never seen a pair of pants so tight. I grabbed what Linny called pants and put them on, they were skin tight to the point that my figure was shown.

The top was no better. The sleeves ended below my shoulders and it was also skin tight. I didn't know how to feel about it.

" OH MY GOD, YOU LOOK HOT!" Screamed Linny as I walked out of the bathroom, I smiled at the compliment. It made me feel less uncomfortable.

" my god I wish I had your body, you should show off what you got bitch" she said while jumping up and down.

She was energetic, what was In the food?

" Can I put on a jumper or something?" I asked.

She waved her finger at me, " na uh, remember the agreement" she said in a smart-ass tone.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. " okay let's go!" she cheered as she got off the bed and dragged me out of the room.

We walked down the hall towards the dining area. "I want dessert so we're going there for a bit," she said smirking. I knew exactly what she was doing.

She ran ahead of me, " CHEF IS THERE STILL DESSERT LEFT?!" She yelled as she walked in.

I walked back to my seat next to atlas.

Surprisingly he was reading and didn't even notice linnys screams for dessert.

" here you go MAYA," said Linny as she gave me a slice of pie. She yelled my name.

" oh maya your back" atlas said, he paused as he noticed what I was wearing.

"I know, it was lins idea," I said slouching on the chair.

I watched as his face turn red, " well she did a good job, you look great" he said with a grin.

I smiled at him, I was still uncomfortable though.