Chapter 11: Lost And Found

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Anakinn, I sincerely apologize and I am truly embarrassed about this situation. I came into your home and now causing you more disturbance than necessary," he said making sure Vegas knew how many problems he was causing.

Kinn dismissed Pete's words by saying, "Don't apologize for something you didn't do. I need to fire some people and get new staff because they're letting in anyone these days."

He shot a purposeful look at Vegas.

Vegas scoffed before saying, "Need I remind you, dear cousin that half of this building's share belongs to me? It's Theerapanyakul estate. Therefore, I can come and go as I please."

"Not in my home, you can't!" Kinn snapped.

Vegas sneered but before he could spit whatever venom he was brewing inside Pete cut him off.

"Mr. Anakinn, if you don't mind can I talk to Mr. Vegas alone? We'll use your study. I promise we won't be long."

Kinn seemed to consider his offer before nodding. A frown still covered his face when he added, "If you need something please don't hesitate to ask."

With that Kinn got up and left the living room.

Pete didn't even glance at Vegas as he made his way toward the study, knowing Vegas would follow him.

Vegas was missing.

Okay, Vegas was probably still in school but he was nowhere to be found. Pete had been looking for him since the first period but he wasn't in any of his usual spots.

Their school was having a cultural fest. Therefore, their classes were suspended for the day. Other schools from the area came to participate here too. So it was a big crowd. Students mingled and had fun while Pete looked for the rude boy.

Pete won second place in the art competition. He was pretty happy with the small blue ribbon he got with the word "2nd" written on it in English. His friends congratulated him and treated him to some sweet foods sold by some of the stalls in the fest. Pete was enjoying their company until he spotted Won and his minions roaming around the lines of stalls aimlessly while having lively discussions with each other.

It then occurred to Pete that he hadn't seen Vegas the whole day. He owed the rude boy some crispy rice cakes since he told him two days prior that he would treat him if Pete won some sort of price. But more than that he was worried. He wanted to ask Won if he knew where Vegas was but decided against it lest he found out about Pete living under Vegas' roof. That would be a whole other dilemma.

"I have to pee. I'll come and find you guys in a bit," Pete said while smiling and started walking away before his friends could interrupt him.

He bought the promised rice cakes and set off on his journey to find Vegas. He realized then that he had no idea where the other could be. Vegas always was seen in his usual spots and Pete never really paid enough attention to know if he had other rendezvous points where he could be hanging around.

So Pete looked everywhere. The classrooms, the washrooms, the playground, the library, the lunchroom, and all the other nooks. Everywhere but one place. One place his best friend had warned him on his first day here not to go to. The abandoned washroom on the third floor that rumored to have ghosts in it.