Chapter 08: Conversation with Friends (Arm×Pol Side Story)

Arm was very aware of Ben's tongue inside his mouth right now, and his hands exploring Arm's clothed body.

How on earth did they end up here?

Arm tried to think about it.

He had arrived at the party on time. He had given Ben his gift. Ben loved it a lot. He said it was one of the most unique gifts he had ever gotten. He even made an Instagram of showing off the gift and the gift giver. He then introduced Arm to his friends and Arm had mingled as he promised. It was sort of fun.

Then once the party was over and everyone had left, Arm had stayed back to help Ben clean up afterward. They were washing the dishes while talking and occasionally flirting. Ben was slightly tipsy and Arm only had one beer. Then suddenly Ben was in his space, pressing him against the kitchen sink's counter. His lips were trailing from Arm's neck to his jaw to finally settle on his lips.

Had Arm kissed him back immediately? He couldn't remember. His brain had stopped functioning. He was a disgrace for his occupation.

But Ben knew his element. He softly pecked on Arm's lips as if to tell him to calm down. Arm tried but failed. His heart was hammering in his chest. He was sure his ears were red by now. He had his eyes screwed shut.

"Relax, officer," Ben said in a breathy voice as he peppered soft kisses on Arm's jawline and then his neck.

"I won't bite," he said into Arm's skin. Arm could feel a smile forming on the other's lips. "Unless you ask me to."

Oh, God.

Arm's breath hitched. Ben felt that too and chuckled. "So sensitive, aren't you?" he whispered.

And then his softness was gone. He snaked one hand around Arm's waist and pulled him to himself before crashing their lips together. And this time Arm decided to shut down his rational thinking and enjoy wherever this was headed. So he kissed Ben back. He mirrored Ben's movements and started to trail his hands around Ben's body before sinking his fingers into his hair.

Ben pushed Arm to make him sit on the counter and Arm obliged. He wrapped his legs around Ben's waist to hold him in place while their mouths stayed connected.

Arm needed this. He wanted this. He liked this.

Didn't he?

Ben's mouth left him and found his neck. He peppered Arm with kisses right above his pulse while his hands tried to take off Arm's shirt.

Arm was confused now. He couldn't figure out if he really wanted this or not. He couldn't think straight. Was he ready for something like this? Was he the type to kiss someone after knowing them for less than a day?

"You are not the one for a one-night stand, Arm. You take time to form an emotional connection before you jump to a physical one. And that's okay. That's cute. And most importantly, that's you," Pol had told him once.

And as much as it pissed Arm off, he realized it was true. He couldn't do this without having some aftermath where he was the one who was hurting. So, Arm's hands left Ben's hair and gently pushed him on his chest.

Ben didn't seem to get the hint as he continued doing what he was doing. So, Arm pushed a little harder. That got Ben's attention. He stopped kissing Arm's neck and looked at him confused.

"Uhm," Arm tried to find the right words. "I don't think... I don't think I can do this right now."

Disappointment flashed across Ben's eyes and he didn't try to mask it. Arm understood. And he felt ashamed of himself.

"I'm sorry," Arm admitted.

Ben didn't say anything. He just stepped away so Arm could climb down the counter and leave. And Arm obliged. He wanted to say something to Ben. But didn't know what it was.