Chapter 11: Lost And Found

Pete walked in on Porsche and Kinn making out. Again.

They didn't see him, of course. As they were too busy tongue-fucking each other's mouths. But for Pete, pancake had been ruined forever. He had been in his room the whole day and was bored out of his mind. Arm suggested he didn't make any public appearance for at least a week and lay low until the police figured out what was going on.

His friend also said that they were able to ID one of the men that broke into his apartment and that the police were looking for him. He had been MIA after that night. Arm had said it was normal because usually, they needed to go off the radar to cover their tracks.

The man's name was Oleg. He had ties to the Russian mafia. If Pete was confused before he was beyond confused now. Why the fuck would the Russian mafia be after him? He was just a fucking painter!

And to top that off Pete had been walking in on his hypersexual friend and his hypersexual husband going at it. There was a pool on the larger balcony. Pete could only imagine what went down there. He made a mental note to never go in it.

But it wasn't just the sex. Pete's heart did a painful tug every time he saw them being so much in love. Kinn was always smiling around Porsche. And Porsche was just radiating happiness.

How did it feel to find someone like that? Pete wondered.

It had been less than a day since he came to stay with his best friend but he felt like he needed to find somewhere else to live. Purely because he needed to give the newlyweds their privacy.

So he was wrecking his brain trying to find another place where he could stay when he heard a knock on his door.

Porsche appeared on the other side with a worried look on his face. Before Pete could ask he said, "Vegas is here."

Pete felt like his last nerve just snapped. He balled his fists and gritted out, "I thought I was safe here, Porsche."

Porsche sighed and rubbed his temple. "I thought so too. But turns out Vegas has eyes and ears everywhere. Especially when it has to do with you. Plus, Kinn's and his businesses have a lot of the same connections. I'm sorry Pete. I'll tell him you're sleeping or something."

Pete was going to agree to it but then he changed his mind last minute. He was angry. Very angry about everything. And he needed to let off some steam. If Vegas was willing to hand himself on a platter like that then Pete wasn't going to let it go to waste. He had some things to stay and Vegas was going to listen to him.

When Pete walked into the living room he could practically feel the tension between the two cousins.

Kinn was sitting on one of the couches with a set jaw while Vegas stood next to the floor-to-ceiling window gazing outside. He looked good as always. He wore a black tee under a black jacket and a black pair of pants. He reminded Pete of those cliché bad boy romance novel protagonists.

As if he could sense Pete entering the room, Vegas looked at him. And as always Pete felt his breathing hitch. He balled his fists and tried to keep his heart rate even. He was not going to let Vegas get to him.

"Pete," he whispered in his honeyed voice.

Pete didn't reply. He glanced at Kinn instead with an apologetic look and awkward smile.