Tala growled, unsatisfied and lurched forward across the console. "What about you, Gabriel? Do you share the same stance as your brother?"

Lycus shrugged lazily and waved his hand at his brother, nestling into his seat. "Have your word, Gabriel, you will anyway."

Gabriel gave his attention to the road, hidden but pained emotions running through his head in an unending cycle. Lycus could see it so plainly. The squint of his brother's eyes foretold his agony that lingered so deep it ordered distance amongst them both.

Lycus drove him away and Gabriel wanted it to remain that way.

"My last stance ended with Lycus when I foolishly decided to do that to Rexton all those years ago." Gabriel murmured to Tala.

Lycus's head lulled to the window, closing his eyes and hating the silence when surrounded by others. Their heartbeats would beat too loud, the throat clearings too reassuring and just the subtle exhales sounded like whispers in his ears.

"I would visit the tomb."

Gabriel and Tala snapped their necks in Lycus's direction.

"What do you mean?" Gabriel demanded.

Lycus scratched the back of his neck and as the trees drew nearer, the branches weaving through each other and ignoring the skies, he knew they were close.

Lycus stretched his long body along the chair and released a yawn. "Before meeting Accalia, I would sit by the tomb for hours on end, just to sit next to him — I could hear his heartbeat that seemed to be in an endless slumber. He probably needed the company, poor thing."

Gabriel's fist flew over and landed on Lycus's arm. "Company? Shut your mouth, Lycus Fenris, you shut it right now."

Lycus groaned and clutched his arm. "You'll leave a bruise for that."

"I don't care!" Gabriel snapped and the car skidded around a bend before making a left. "You're a selfish bastard! You—you try to claim inflicting pain as righteousness and ruthlessness as a right to excuse what you are. It's pathetic. I'm glad Cadence freed Rexton, I don't care how we will pay for it."

Time seemed to quicken and no minute later, Gabriel parked the car on the outskirts of Kara forest.

"We're here." Gabriel growled and left without another word.

Tala's breath fanned the side of Lycus's face and they came cheek to cheek. "I shouldn't have opened my mouth, Alpha, I am—"

Lycus unbuckled himself, feeling all too suffocated and slipped out of the car.

A rumble of doors opening and closing ensued, quaking the birds from their nests and taking flight to the skies.

Lycus never completely got over the creepiness of this forest. That was exactly why he placed his dearest brother here. Ominous and uninviting. The perfect escapism for one who wishes to be left alone. To leave someone behind. Even to bury a body.

Looking to his right, Lycus rolled his eyes and promised himself — promised Accalia, to play nice.

Cadence wasn't all that eager to be around him or anyone for that matter. Her patched-up neck concealed one thing but not the redness painting her neck from Lycus choking her. Her companion beside her, inky-haired and black letter archetype racked up a whirlwind of misery Lycus almost felt pity for.

The stocky-looking male behind the both of them gave a cheeky grin to his cousin. Tristan, Accalia's older brother.

How alike they looked, Lycus mused. Accalia embodied the flower, Tristan the stem and William, he naturally was the thorns. Brown-skinned, dark-eyed and all fierce looking.