✗ thirty six ✗

Start from the beginning

I laughed at his message and looked around when I realized how loud I was. Rei and Dongpyo didn't seem to notice, talking about the latest drama of some students like one couple breaking up over a third party, but Chenle narrowed his eyes like a suspicious mother.

Not wanting to feed his curiousity, I shut my phone off and pretended I didn't get a message.

But my phone buzzed again.

[ Giant Monkey : I can see you ignoring me 🤨]

The hairs on my arm stood and I raked the room until my gaze landed on the corner table. Ni-ki was looking at me - really somewhere out of school - lips stretched as he waved at me. His friends sat together, drinking beverages and laughing like they were in their own bubble.

Except for Nishimura who was holding up his phone and frowning.

I already know what he was alluding to. He was relentless, but part of me enjoyed watching him demand me to reply, so I mocked him by grimacing.

He looked at his phone again and I fidgeted with my own, waiting for a new notification.

"Are you coming out with us on Friday?", Dongpyo asked.

"We're going out?", I asked, surprised.

Dongpyo gaped, "Of course we are. Kim Sunhee is apparently throwing a party for her first year anniversary with Lee Heeseung"

It's nice of Sunhee to throw a party for the two of them, but I have no interest in attending. Not even to her house, which I've yet to tell my friends.

I've spent the last couple of days in trying to convince myself not to drink anymore and I have had a little time to myself.

Though I wasn't planning on telling them I'm staying in and kill the mood today.

[ Giant Monkey : Ouch! You're making me look desperate here, Grumps! ]

Chewing on my cheek to stifle a smile, I speedily typed a reply.

[ Me : All I did was not reply and you're already throwing a fit? Like you know, an actual kid! ]

I glanced over my shoulder. His mouth was ajar, but there was an amused look hidden behind his sulking expression. Their entire table stood, including Nishimura and he didn't look at my direction as they exited the cafeteria.

Like a metal to a magnet, I stared at his whole form.

His uniform clung to him perfectly and I made a pained sound under my breath as I looked back to my phone. Why do I keep thinking about him?

He'd been staying in my mind 24/7 hours and hell do I want for him to pay his due soon for the rent.

[ Giant Monkey : Fine! You win, but Grumps, don't forget I could feel you staring at me on our exit. I can literally feel my ass burning with that stare! ]

"

Who are you texting?", Chenle asked and I jumped.

"Just scrolling through my Pinterest"

The lie came out faster than I expected. I'm not sure why I didn't want to tell them about Ni-ki and I. I didn't know where to start, so keeping it private for now sounded like the best option.

Especially since they would poke fun at me, but who am I kidding? They could already feel it happening anyway.

We parted ways for our afternoon class and once again, I saw the mischievous guy in all of my classes after.

Each time my eyes met his, his mouth quirked into a half-smile. I avoided looking at him, but somehow always felt his eyes on me.

When I would pass him by in the hallway for the next classrom, he studied me. His eyes screamed 'I wanna kiss' by the way he stared directly at my face as if he thought I couldn't notice.

It looks like in the break between the last two classes he couldn't take it anymore and I found myself being tugged into an empty classroom. My hand went quickly for the aim to punch, but I faltered when I saw it was only him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing giving me a scare like that?", I hissed, trying to calm my rapidly beating heart.

He didn't answer me with his words. Instead he pointed upwards and the dumb Minji basically looked up to nothing but a white painted ceiling. I took in a deep breath, realizing my mistake and looking back to the boy before me.

"Nishimura -", I couldn't get the next words out, not when he reached to put a single arm around my waist.

Goddamnit, he couldn't be serious. Between classes, really? I met his eyes, trying to convey to him what a stupid idea this was but I knew he was resolute about this. Nishimura stepped closer towards me as he raised his other hand to my face as if to cradle it in his hand.

He was already leaning towards me when his eyes drifted past me and he murmured a quiet, "Shit"

Stiffening at the single word, I slowly turned around and looked to the doorway where a teacher with her students peering behind her and they were all looking majorly shocked at the two of us.

The shock fled from her features and before we know it, we were sent to another serving of detention for the last hour of the school schedule.

Fuck shit, if I didn't have any respect for the teacher before us then I would've punched Nishimura right now.

This is the second time he have us sent to the detention room.

You only live once, my foot. I fucking hope so because I'm really not enjoying it today.

Second detention, all because of one monkey needing a freaking kiss. I'll give him one later, I promise!

One punch to the lips. So sweet.

next chapter

have any idea what will happen to their second detention?

#might not update tommorow. a relative died today and we'll be going to them tommorow. hopefully you'll all understand. thank you!#

don't forget to vote & comment!