I closed my book and followed closely behind as I knew she was going to fetch my phone, tablet and laptop. I was so happy for this to be happening.
I was planning on calling Zion as soon as I got my phone to come on.

Yet an hour later when my phone was charged to a good enough percentage I was met with a bit of a disappointment.

"Huh? Only one text"

I voiced to myself.

I had only one text from Zion and it was from the day I had returned home.

Zion: Did you get home safely?

Was what it read and then there was nothing else. No follow up text, no missed calls. It seemed like he had completely forgotten I'd get my phone back eventually.

I shot him a text immediately, deciding it was best to know if he was busy. Instead of just calling him out of the blue. He could be busy, considering he didn't even shoot me a text in the week to see if I got my phone back.

I mean it was obvious I hadn't gotten it back in the week but a text would show he had thought of me.

Almost immediately I received a response from him.

However when I looked down at the screen my heart sank. Something was totally off, he had sent me a one worded text. I repeat, A one worded text!

What was wrong with him?

He never sends one worded texts.

Zion: No

Since the text had revealed he wasn't busy, I called him. I wanted to know what was going on and I needed him to tell me. I couldn't hurry to Strenderville today. In fact I had promised my mother to never do it again. I was going to keep my promise.

To make matters worse he declined the call.

Zion: Something just came up.

Was what I received as a text, then he was offline.

For a good 10 seconds, I stood confused with my phone in my hand.

What the heck was that?

I thought as I looked down at the text again.

I felt like an idiot, I had been so worried he needed me. So excited to talk to him again. Yet here he was not giving two shits about me and acting weird. I didn't want to be mad at him but I felt hurt.

The least he could have done was say he wasn't in the mood to talk. Him acting like he did was just making me overthink. Like what if I did something wrong? What if I was annoying him?

I wish I could say his weird behavior ended there but sadly it didn't.

He became distant for the entire week after that. Declining my calls, barely replying to my texts. It had started to get out of hand. I was itching to know what had happened to cause this and when I remembered the interaction between him and Jake at the end of the game. I figured I'd finally ask him what they'd talk about.

So Saturday morning bright and early I let Liz drop me off at Jake's house. The house was a beautiful one, painted in white and blue. It had a nice stone path that lead up to the front porch and two tall palm trees at the left side of the house.

It was somewhat of a modern home and I liked that a lot.

I walked up the stone path quickly, then turned to give Liz a wave as she left. She had to get to a family event and I wasn't going to be the one to ask her to wait. As I had no idea where the conversation I was about to have would lead.