25. The Results of the Game

Start from the beginning

He wasn't a trouble maker or bully. He was more of a chill, drama avoiding guy. Although since I met him I'd been in a few dramas. None of them were initiated by him, which meant they weren't even his fault to begin with.

I guess I'd find out what happened soon enough, as I'd squeeze it out of Jake easily.

Without my devices, I wouldn't be able to get anything out of Zion. So for now Jake was my source. Plus I was already planning on paying him a visit the next day to cheer him up. Knowing him it would take more than a night's rest to let up the loss.

So some vodka, strawberries dipped in chocolate and Anime would be better at doing the trick.

He'd been dying to watch Jujutsu Kaisen with me. So I ensure to grant him that wish. For I too was an anime lover. It was just that I watched it occasionally. Rather that every other day of the week.

When I got home that night, Ryan was waiting at the door. He had a box of wipes in hand, along with a chocolate bar. It was our thing, everytime one of us faced a big disappointment the other had to buy chocolate. Although he was lazy and one of the rudest people I knew.

He was always down to make silly pacts with his little sister. Some would say I was his weakness. The one person he cared enough to be kind to.

However that was far from the truth. He had to be nice to me or I'd ruin his life. I knew all his childhood secrets and had baby pictures of him. I could ruin his image in a heart beat.

I shuck my head at him as I walked up to the front door and took the chocolate.

"What's with the wipes?" I asked him as he opened the door so we could enter the house together.

Closing the door behind us he gave me a funny look.

"Thought you'd need it after your hubby lost the big game" he teased.

Everyone used to think Jake and I were an item. With how close we were, yet it was because we were best friends. I guess Ryan hadn't let go of that.

"You know I'm friends with Jackson as well, why don't you tease me about him?" I asked, I'd always wondered why it had been Jake.

After all I was super close with both the Williams brothers. So why was it they only saw me and Jake as an item? Jackson was more my best friend than Jake in the past too.

"Nah, Jackson doesn't see you in that light. He's consumed by that girl...fabria, fabric, fabreeze... whatever her name is you know the one" He explained, actually making sense.

As Jackson was really infatuated with Fabiola.

"You have a point but still Jake isn't my hubby" I replied and he shrugged.

"Well, in that case... Your hubby won" he challenged and I knew he was talking about Zion now.

"My friend won" I corrected, still playing this dumb back and forth game with him.

Then I realized how silent the house was apart from our bickering.

"Is Gabriella asleep?" I asked, wondering why she didn't come and greet me with one of her warm hugs.

Ryan smiled at my question and walked to the living room. I followed him quickly and found her sleeping calmly on the couch. Although she looked at ease, it was still a couch. How could Ryan let her sleep there?

"Why's she sleeping on the couch?" I asked and he rolled his eyes at me.

"She looked too cute and at peace for me to disturb her." He answered in a condescending tone. As if he was talking to the dumbest person ever.

I sighed at his words and sat down on the couch next to the one Gabriella was occupying.

I was really tired.

Being at a Stadium filled with screaming supporters drain me. Especially since I had also participated in the horn blowing etc. So all I wanted now was to get some peace and quiet.

"You look exhausted" Ryan voiced, observing me as I leaned back into the couch.

I ignored his remarks and closed my eyes. Which felt so good to do. As my eyelids were super heavy. At this point nothing would be able to get me out of my seat.

"You know, Gabriella left some dinner in the kitchen for you-"

Before he could say another word, my eyes shot open. I got to my feet and hurried to the kitchen to get my food. A lot of people would say I loved food a bit too much. Yet it was a basic need, it was supposed to be loved.

I found my dinner in the fridge, it was in a lunch box and a note was stuck to it.

Heat for 5 minutes.

That was what the note read. You could say Gabriella thought of me as a child. Who in there right mind would tell a girl my age to microwave food that was in the fridge? It was literally common knowledge.

I put the food in the microwave and heated it up. Sitting at the breakfast table to wait on the microwave to start beeping. I tapped on the table while waiting, making my own little drum beats.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The microwave went, signalling the end of 5 minutes. I got up slowly and retrieved my food, then I got a fork from the utensils drawer and opened the lunch box. Inside was white rice with sweet and sour chicken. A bit of pasta was also tucked to the side and my belly growled at the sight.

Yup, I was definitely going to marry Gabriella.

After that thought, I said grace and began to enjoy the awesome meal. It was so tantalizing and amazing. As I ate it tasted better and better. She could really start her own cooking class or even a restaurant. She was extremely talented.

The meal was done a bit too quickly in my opinion. I wished there was more but only mom's was left. Although I could easily take it and eat it without mom complaining. I knew it wasn't right, so I withheld my greed.

After I finished the food, I washed my hands and made my way up to my room to call it a night. I wasn't in the mood to watch a movie or study. I just wanted to sleep for as long as my body would let me.

Although I didn't have my devices, I could've watch movies on the Tv in the living room. So I did have the option but I just couldn't fight my body. So I changed into my night gown and went straight to bed.

Forgetting the results of the game.

Forgetting Zion and Jake's little interaction.

Forgetting everything and sliding under my covers after turning off the lights.

Well, this chapter wasn't that eventful. However it was still a good one because we got a bit of Zion in it. I wonder what he was talking to Jake about?🤔
Anyways my lovely readers, remember to vote, comment and share!✨

See ya in the next bit;)

~Axela❤️