I was racing through my lasagna like I hadn't eaten in days. When I had a big meal the night before. A meal that she had also prepared.

"It's just so good" I responded, my mouth half full.

She rolled her eyes before speaking to me again.

"I know Ash but you wouldn't want to choke" she spoke as if speaking to a toddler.

I decided she was right, after all I didn't want to choke. So I slowed my pace of eating. While I watched her fill a big bowl of lasagna for Ryan.

..........................................

Around an hour later, I was in the hall of St Valdire with my friends. We we're discussing the game and what we thought would happen. Whether we'd win or lose. Whether our cheerleaders would get into a fight with Cidshore's cheerleaders. Considering the fact that rumors were spreading concerning Stacy and someone named Gabe.

Whose name was awfully familiar to me.

Then it hit me, it was Zion's ex best friend. The one who was currently dating his ex girlfriend Penelope who was the captain of the cheer squad. It seemed the cheater was now being cheated.

So a lot of people were expecting a big confrontation after the game.

From what I noticed, Penelope was a hot headed girl. Who was full of herself and wasn't afraid of a confrontation. Stacy on the other hand was a girl that was a bit calmer. She could kill you with her words but when it came to action she'd easily back down.

If a fight broke out, Penelope would definitely be the first to throw hands. No doubt or question about it. While everyone was hoping they'd confront each other. I was hoping there would be a peaceful game.

However the game wasn't happening until the evening, right after school. So we still had to attend classes and wait patiently to see what the big game would have in store for us.

Since everyone had gotten up early for game day, it gave us more time to chat before classes.

Students were huddled up everywhere in there jeans and T-shirts. Some whispering, some talking loudly. Some drinking already, having their beers disguised as water in their tinted water bottles etc.

"You really think Stacy could beat Penelope?!" Liz exclaimed, looking at Jacob as if he'd lost his mind.

"I mean she is bigger size wise. Penelope is more petite. Her bark seems bigger than her bite. " He defended, yet I knew he was just being biased.

"What do you think Ash, who'd win?" Liz asked and I immediately responded.

"Penelope without a shadow of doubt"

Liz turned to Jacob with a satisfied look on her face. To her she had won their little debate.

"Enough about those two, I'm just excited to see the look on ya boy's face when we crush his team" Jake spoke, looking directly at me.

Everyone fell silent, they hadn't expected him to call me out.

Plus him being overconfident wasn't good. 30% was not a 50%, so the studies were leaning more towards 'my boy's' team. Even though technically speaking Zion Atkins wasn't my boy. We hadn't even kissed before.

We almost did at the field, the night of the barbeque. Yet my brother had come to hunt me down and caused an interruption.  So he wasn't my boy and I wasn't going to lie to them about it.

I was about to clear the air, when Liz spoke up and added more fuel to the fire.

"Someone seems jelly over Zion" she commented, causing Gabriana to slap a palm over her mouth and Jacob's eyes to almost pop out of their sockets.