"Mmm, something smells amazing in here" I spoke as I entered the kitchen to take my seat at the breakfast table.

Gabriella smiled at me warmly, while she stirred something in the pot.

"Good morning to you too Ash" she greeted cheerily, she was such a warm person genuinely.

It always made me wonder why she'd gotten knocked up by my jerk of a brother. I mean of all people, a girl like her chose him. It made 0 sense but I guess she had her reasons.

"Morning Gabriella, so what you making?" I inquired, the smell of the food was amazing.

I just couldn't wait to know what it was going to be. I watched her as she stirred, until she turned to me with a grin. A grin that meant, she wasn't going to tell me.

"It's a surprise" She stated before going right back to preparing the food.

I sighed at her words and decided to just wait. There was no point in insisting. As I knew soon enough I'd see what it was and devour it.

"Hey, did mom leave as yet?" I asked her.

Daphne King hadn't given my devices back and I was dying to shoot Zion a text. As he was coming for the game and I had hopes of seeing him before he would leave. Yet without a phone, a tablet and a laptop... I had no way to contact him.

I mean everyone in our school already thought we were dating. So it wouldn't be weird to walk up to him after the game. However, I just felt it would seem weird... Like I was supporting another school or something. I was definitely overthinking it, I just needed to relax.

It would all play out as it should, I just hoped there wouldn't be anymore video and articles involved.

"Um Yeah, she did" Gabriella informed me and I rolled my eyes and groaned in defeat.

I was hoping to convince her to give me my stuff back. Now it seems I'd have to stay up late to catch her when she got off work. She was a big workaholic, getting off work at midnight. Sometimes even later than that.

I was worried for her but whenever I brought it up she'd just blow me off. Refusing to cut her work hours, with her excuse being it was necessary. That she was working hard to maintain our home, our status and to ensure her grandchildren were well off.

I got where she was coming from but it still didn't mean what she was doing was healthy.

I was so distracted with my thoughts of how to get back my phone and mom's overworking. I hadn't realized Gabriella was already dishing out the food. It wasn't until she rested the plate before me that I jumped out of my thoughts.

I looked down at what was on the plate and my heart skipped a beat. There before my eyes was a broad plate of cheesy lasagna. It looked breath taking, that I thanked Gabriella about 5 times. Then I said a little grace and dug in immediately after saying amen.

The taste was as remarkable as how it had looked when placed before me. The cheese, the sauce, the pasta. It was all so delicious, Gabriella was really gifted. An absolute blessing to our family. If Ryan didn't marry her, I had no choice but to do so because I couldn't lose her.

She was a great conversationalist, a great cook, a kind soul and a literal angel.

One day, she'd have to sit down and explain what made her choose my ass of a brother.

She'd have to do it. It wasn't adding up not at all. She was too good for him and nothing was going to change my view of her.

"Slow down" she laughed as she pat me on the back.