𝟎𝟎𝟖 || a deal with the devil

Start from the beginning

For Gorou, time seemed to came to an halt once the indigo haired female took her chance.

Once you saw the sharp weapon nearing your head, you had no time to dodge and for a split second, you thought that was it now.

And it would have been, if not for Tomo to appear and embracing your body, throwing the two of you out of the way as you held tightly onto the clothing covering his chest, your eyes tightly shut after letting go of your bow.

"Are you hurt?" The male hurriedly asked once you laid on the ground as he towered over you.

"I'm fine... thank you" you muttered, letting out a sigh of relief before hearing the blonde chuckling.

"That's a second" referring to the fact that it was indeed the second time he saved you in just a few days, you smiled at his words and sat up again with Tomo following suit.

"Guess I owe you" you said, quickly grabbing your bow as the battle was still ongoing, things not looking all too good for the resistance.

Gorou heaved a sigh, the adrenaline that build up in his body so quickly was running lower as he looked around at the soldiers who desperately tried to defeat the opponent.

"Retreat!" He then made a wide decision, calling everyone back as the soldiers helped the injured ones to flee from the battlefield. Running up to you, the general took your hand while still running just as everyone else, dragging you away as you simply followed without any struggle.

.
.
.
.

The row of victory in battle had seemingly came to an end as everyone went back to the camp in slight disappointment. After winning the past battles, it seemed as if the shoguns army had sent way more men into the fight than before and even in Kokomi's little 'what-if' book, where she had written down every possible outcome of the fight, she noted that in such a case, a retreat would be the most logical step.

After Gorou made sure that you were not hurt because of the attack not long ago, you decided to go along with him towards the Sangonomiya shrine to inform Kokomi about the recent events, also wanting to take a bath there because you felt gross after sweating that much.

"So they mobilized even more forces at this point? This is not good for the resistance..." Kokomi was in thoughts after hearing about the news, you and the Geo user standing in front of her as she looked at the ground, a hand resting on her chin.

"I will think about the circumstances a bit more and inform you later on. Till then, make sure that the injured ones are stable" the female ordered, receiving a nod from Gorou as it was now your turn to speak.

"Kokomi, can I take a bath?" You asked after the hydro user had offered you that opportunity a few weeks ago, knowing that bathing with the males was not really appropriated. And as the only female in the army up to this point, Kokomi felt even more responsible for you, besides the thing about your situation.

"Of course" the female said, smiling a bit as she mentioned one of the shrine maidens to get some supplies you needed before you went down to the foot of the hill where a bathing spot was nearby. You never knew about this before but you were honestly glad about it's existence.

Even tho the water was cold, it was still relaxing to sit there and wash your body and hair — refreshing yourself after such a battle.