ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

I slowly opened my eyes, which felt like the hardest thing ever

I slowly opened my eyes, which felt like the hardest thing ever. It felt as if there was a huge weight on my eye, I struggled to keep it open, the room blurry, I couldn't understand where I was. I moved my arms, and legs. I felt comfortable in this position, and the setting, everything was so calm. I laid upright, and stared at the ceiling. I blinked a couple of times just to register what was happening. I took a deep breath in, and then out. I tried to fall asleep again, until suddenly I heard a muffling sound.

"AAAAAAHHHHH TAKAHASHI-SAMA WOKE UP! AOI-SAN! TAKAHASHI-SAMA WOKE UP!"

I sat straight up, panicked. I looked around and saw Aoi running towards me at full speed, and hugged me. I was shocked, Aoi wasn't the type to get all soft.

"Takahashi you finally woke up! I am so glad!" Aoi said, trembling with excitement.

"Uh, it's just me," I replied, sighing in relief.

"So! You've been asleep for 2 weeks, and it was because of you that I'm safe! Not only that, I owe you my life!" she exclaimed.

"Well, I guess I can't bear to see my friends in danger," I said.

After all, that is the least I can do, since I couldn't protect anyone else.

Aoi looked at me, as if I was a weird person.

"Why are you staring at me like I'm a weird person?" I asked.

"No! That's not it, I was staring at you with admiration! What I mean is, at first you called me a comrade, which flattered me enough, since I don't even slay demons, and here you are risking your life. And just now you called me your friend... thank you Takahashi-san," she said.

I don't get what the big deal is though...

I shrugged.

"I don't know, I guess friends just happen naturally," I said.

She looked down and then sighed.

"Thank you again Takahashi," she said.

"No problem, how are the others?" I asked.

Aoi explained that Uzui walked off the night of the mission with his wives, giving up his spot as a hashira, following Zenitsu who got all healed up within 2 days and was going on individual missions. Inosuke and Tanjiro on the other hand were in critical condition like me, and somehow I healed a lot faster than them.

"I really hope they get all healed up," Aoi said sniffling.

I arched my eyebrows.

I know they'll wake up.

I got out of bed, my body felt stiff, and I needed to stretch. So that's what I did. Aoi started to panic.

"P-Please calm down Takahashi-san, your body still might not be ready for this movement you're doing!" Aoi said.