Hazy days

Sunny yet foggy, happy but sad, loud but quiet, heard and ignored. That's what a hazy day is like, it's remembered but forgotten.

Some people ignore these days like they ignore people, such is the case for people like Spencer. They were always so easily forgotten unless they were needed.
Needed to vent
Needed for help
Needed for a break up or to ask someone out for someone in their small friend group.
Even then sometimes they would forget about him also.

They would be tossed to the side without thought, until he was needed.
They wore clothes that blended in. Sweater vest in plain colors, oversized beige coats, slick dark beige pants. No one would pay attention to someone who dresses so plainly. He kept quiet. When someone said something about them, Spencer would sit there quietly. Then go home and cry.

Acting.

That's what Spencer would do, all day, everyday for the rest of his life if they had too. He didn't mind. It's kind of fun, putting on a show. Acting like someone else. Someone who is known everywhere, not made fun of, never cries or gets upset.

Nothing made him this way, he just was this way. He was taught to stay quiet and be happy even when people said mean things about you. About you to your face. Just put on a pretty smile and go to your happy place.

That's what they all say.

Spencer had curly short brown hair and brown eyes. Blander. Plain. Basic. Perfect for someone like them.

Just pretend nothing is wrong and nothing will be wrong.

Spencer lived by that. He loved by that saying until he met this boy.